Global Head of Market Access and Pricing Oncology Lead
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/11/2016
END DATE 5/4/2017
JOB DESCRIPTIONA career with us is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 50,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in healthcare, life science and performance materials. For 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others.
Global Head of Market Access and Pricing Oncology
What type of leader are we looking for?
MERCK KGaA is looking for a breakthrough market access and pricing leader who will be member of the Global MAP Senior Leadership, and GBF Oncology Teams, leading:
* Innovative payer launch of breakthrough immune-oncology product Avelumab worldwide, as key business partner of GBF oncology, with the United States as a priority country, including launch in MCC as leading indication, and follow-up indication sequence and combination strategies, in partnership with Pfizer teams.
* Erbitux (aprox. 1 Bio EUR) Market Access and Pricing strategy worldwide (ex-USA), maximizing existing access opportunities in emerging markets and leading LOE strategy implementation in mature markets.
* Payer value optimization strategy and implementation of clinical development programs of MERCK oncology and immune-oncology extensive pipeline, including Trap, Tepotinib, IL12, Braf, DNA-PK, AKTi among other key assets, in close coordination with GBF and R&D teams, including HEOR experts.
As member of MERCK Global Market Access and Pricing Senior Leadership Team (Global MAP SLT), this leader will be a strong contributor to the global evolution of MERCK towards a multi-customer commercial organization, where payers are core and central to the company strategies.
The Global MAP SLT is integrated by 4 Global Heads of MAP for each one of the company franchises (Oncology; Neurology & Immunology; Fertility; Endocrinology & General Medicine), 5 Regional Heads of Market Access (Europe; Intercontinental; Asia-Pacific; Latin-America; North America), and the head of Pricing & Payer Excellence area.
What are the MUST meet requirements?
* Strong oncology background
* Strong Market Access and Pricing experience, including US market, and recent Product Launch experience
* Leadership skills to motivate and drive a high performing talented team
* Cultural fit: Purposeful, Future-oriented, Innovative, Results-driven, Collaborative, Empowering
* Monday-Thursday presence in Boston area
Global Head of Market Access and Pricing, Oncology
Solid line to SVP, Global Head of MAP
Dotted line to SVP Global Business Franchise Head Oncology
Number of Direct Reports
3 Direct Reports, total of 6 FTEs team
This position will be based in Boston area (MA), with the office based in Billerica HQ.
The Global Head of Market Access and Pricing (MAP) for Oncology is responsible for leading a team of professionals (6 people currently) in developing and implementing all facets of the Global MAP strategy for:
* Franchise pipeline in Immuno-Oncology: Avelumab, being developed in 8 tumor types currently in monotherapy, plus combination strategy ongoing; TGF-Beta Trap; M9241 NHS-IL12-
* Oncology: Pimasertib MEK inhibitor; Tepotinib Cmet Kinase inhibitor-; M3814 DND PK inhibitor-; Beigene-283 BRAF inhibitor-; Beigene-290 PARAP inhibitor-)
* In line: Erbitux, aprox. 1 Bio mio EUR Global revenue
The individual in this role is expected to be a leader across the Commercial and R&D organizations, integrating the payer perspective in research, clinical development, and commercial activities and leading payer value and access optimization strategy and implementation.
* Oversee the development and rollout of the Global MAP Strategy across the franchise s products lifecycle
* Formulate early-thinking of Global MAP strategy with the appropriate level of rigor for pipeline compounds
* Determine optimal payer positioning
* Ensure the capture of payer insights via primary and secondary methods; integrate into Global MAP strategy development
* Develop and implement the Global MAP strategy and tactics for launch brands
* Assess the impact of competitors / competitive events on pricing and reimbursement potential
* Build the loss of exclusivity strategy
2. Oversee the execution of the Franchise Pricing Strategy Guidance and Governance- in the frame of Merck Pricing Strategy
* Establishment of pricing guidance and administration of the pricing governance process
* Supervision of associates in their assessment of price requests and of country business cases
* Ensuring pricing inputs / assumptions to the forecasting and strategic planning process
3. Oversee the development and delivery of core Global Market Access and Pricing (MAP) deliverables to Country and Regional organizations
* Provide training to build product & therapeutic area knowledge, thorough understanding of Global MAP strategies and tactics
* Ensure that Global MAP strategies are cascaded to Strategic Countries, and Regional organizations with an actionable implementation plan
* Develop and rollout the MAP Toolkit including the MAP strategy, payer value proposition and value communication tools, contracting models and other resources for demonstrating compound value
* Support Regional MAP to tailor the Global MAP strategy
* Provide direct support to Strategic Countries (USA, EU5, China, Australia, Japan) in achieving pricing, reimbursement, shape the access environment, and maximize overall access challenges and opportunities
4. Integrate the payer perspective into Commercial strategy
* Represent Global MAP on the Oncology Franchise Leadership Team use this forum to proactively shape Merck strategies to succeed with payers
* Communicate implications of payer requirements to the Franchise team
* Build alignment around and integrate the Global MAP strategy into franchise business strategy
5. Support and enhance the development of clinical, economic, and humanistic evidence to optimize pricing and reimbursement
* Assess payer evidence requirements for pipeline and inline compounds to determine potential evidence gaps
* Establish Global MAP alignment with HEOR and other evidence generation functions on the mitigation plan for addressing evidence gaps
* Provide input to the Global Program Teams (GPTs) / R&D teams on clinical trial protocols to optimize pricing and reimbursement potential, in close collaboration with Evidence & Value Development (EVD) teams
6. Contributes to Global MAP leadership to ensure effective integration with key business partners
* Represent Oncology Franchise access requirements in the Global MAP senior leadership team
* Establish excellent collaboration with GPT, Medical Affairs, Franchise, EVD and Government Affairs & Policy leadership
* Establish excellent collaboration with Regional Market Access Heads
* Oncology experience: Has recent oncology experience with at least 3+ years
* Has launched at least 1 product at global level
* Has experience working in a large, global corporation with a matrix organization
* Has more than 5 years of Market Access & Pricing experience in the Pharmaceutical Industry, AND has the following skills:
* Scientific knowledge to understand key access elements of disease
* Real world knowledge of interactions with payers
* Pricing: is able to analyze a business case and make