Global Head of Marketing, IOT, Wearables, Consumer Electronics
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/11/2016
END DATE 12/19/2016
Consumer Electronics Company
New York, NY
JOB DESCRIPTIONDowntown NYC Location
Our client, a super-hot, venture-backed, global Start-Up based out of NYC is DISRUPTING the wearable devices field with their game-changing line of fitness devices. Their products will bring amazing value to fitness enthusiast as well as athletes. Their unique, highly effective solution will kick up the wearable device space to a new level. They began their very successful company in the Aerospace and Military sector and they are now making a full-court press into the CONSUMER MARKETPLACE.
IF YOU ARE PASSIONATE ABOUT FITNESS, ARE A SUCCESSFUL MARKETER, AND CAN DEMONSTRATE THAT YOU HAVE BUILT A BRAND OR HAVE BEEN PART OF THE SUCCESS OF A NEW BRAND IN THE CONSUMER ELECTRONICS AREA- PREFERABLY WEARABLE, IOT OR FITNESS, THAN READ ONAND KNOW THIS IS A HOT COMPANY TARGETED FOR AN IPO
We want a top-performing, hands-on GLOBAL HEAD OF MARKETING to lead the company's marketing effort and build a small and nimble team. ESTABLISHING THE BRAND, BUILDING VISIBILITY AND AWARENESS, AND TELLING THEIR STORY IS PARAMOUNT. Educating in a simplified way the on-line and retail community regarding the benefits and training advantages of this DISRUPTIVE SOLUTION is critical to success. This is a highly visible role both internally and externally. Crafting and execution of a well-honed and successfully implemented marketing strategy is essential.
COMPENSATION: Competitive Salary and Bonus (commensurate with experience) as well as EQUITY and a comprehensive benefits plan.
* Develop the short and long-term marketing strategy and define the tactics to implement that strategy in order for the company to achieve substantial brand awareness, positioning, and compelling messaging. Manage channelmarketing with online and retail presence to meet their growth expectations
* Create compelling marketing programs aimed at building brand visibility and education
* Manage a small but highly effective multi-faceted marketing team, including PR and events
* Work with sales , R&D, Product Management and senior management to keep the competitive edge
* Establish strong and beneficial relations with external partners , the press and within the industry to meet company goals
* Be the face and voice of the company - this is a highly visible role
* 5+ years as a Marketing lead for a consumer electronics product, IOT device, or wearable (preferably fitness oriented)
* A proven track record of success, taking a new product to market and assisting in its explosive growth
* Prior experience working in a start-up environment-A PLUS
* A Hands on leader, who can make things happen, build a brand and marketing strategy both online and in retail
REPORTS TO: CEO
TRAVEL: approximately 25%
EDUCATION: BA/BS in relevant field, MBA A PLUS