Global Logistics Intern
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/24/2016
END DATE 1/25/2017
The TE Global Logistics Internship (Summer 2017) opportunity is designed to provide participants with project based work to develop supply chain and logistics skills of the individual. During the internship, the participant is exposed to a variety of challenging projects and has the opportunity to build a professional global network across TE. Upon successful completion of the assignment, the individual will have the opportunity to interview for the Supply Chain Rotation Program, a two year, full-time program, beginning after graduation. The Supply Chain Rotation Program also provides individuals with an excellent foundation for future leadership opportunities within TE.
RESPONSIBILITIES & QUALIFICATIONS:
* Support and lead logistics activities to meet Key Performance Indicators related to cost, quality, delivery, and productivity.
* Contribute and support strategic plans and footprint development by assisting in the evaluation of transportation and distribution suppliers, reviewing current networks, meeting with internal stakeholders to evaluate current and future requirements, and offering recommendations.
* Continually keeps informed on logistics trends and activities by interviewing representatives, reading trade journals and related publications, and making personal visits to local supplier facilities.
* Participate in regular staff and Americas Logistics Council meetings where global/regional strategies, objectives, and performance goals are discussed.
* Build relationships and work with internal stakeholders and supplier partners to identify savings opportunities, develop cost effective supplier strategies, and follow through implementation.
* Work within various business unit stakeholders to support leveraging of spend and utilizing more efficient and cost effective supplier capabilities.
* Drive distribution centers and transportation teams to standardize and adopt common process while aligning regional and local initiatives, such as scrap and SMI processes, distribution forecasts, standard work, best practices, etc.
* Motivated individual able to learn quickly and work in a self-directed work environment with minimal supervision.
* A clear communicator who is able to speak and present confidently to a diverse audience, including senior management.
* Ability to work well in a cross-functional environment and with global team members.
* Fluent in English reading, writing, and speaking.
* Proficient with MS-Office products SAP background is a plus.
* Candidates must be legally authorized to work in the United States without restriction.
* Working towards a Bachelor s Degree from a 4-year accredited university in supply chain, materials management, engineering or other related disciplines. Expected graduation dates between December 2017 and May 2018.
* Minimum GPA in major of 3.0.