Global Manager, Site Services 8/16/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Job Title: Global Manager, Site Services
Location: Newark, CA
Duration: Full Time Permanent
THE GLOBAL MANAGER, SITE SERVICES ENSURES HIGH-QUALITY DELIVERY OF SITE SERVICES IN SUPPORT OF AWARDED CLINICAL TRIALS ACROSS GLOBAL COMPANY OFFICES, AND THE EFFICIENT COMPLETION OF PROCEDURES IN COMPLIANCE
with all applicable regulations and customer specific requirements.
- Responsible for the global delivery of site-facing services across various stages of clinical trials in support of projects awarded to company.
- Leads the development and implementation of best practices across global Client offices.
- Together with the Director, supports initiatives to expand a global Site Services presence and to implement workflows and processes in new locations.
- Evaluates and monitors team performance to ensure services are delivered on-time and with high-quality, affecting change within the team when necessary.
- Develops key metrics and quality parameters to assess clinical sites, and works with engineering to create reporting and alarm mechanisms to detect trends based on defined thresholds that trigger site
follow-up and/or retraining.
- Manages and reports on production goals and communicates production expectations to staff.
- Together with the Director, forecasts production requirements, addresses issues and manages capacity for global work volume against forecasted project needs.
- Communicates business needs and develops innovations in the design and maintenance of tools and systems which productize manual processes within the department.
- Interacts with various internal and external groups to facilitate successful project completion.
- Ensures appropriate training is provided to team members across global locations.
- Coordinates departmental contributions to global project teams. Other contributing departments include Software Development, Clinical Data Management, Project Management and Finance.
- Designs, monitors and reports on operational performance metrics.
- Monitors and ensures compliance with all applicable regulations in partnership with Project Management and Quality Assurance.
- Optimizes workflow efficiency and identifies process gaps proactively.
- Communicates job expectations.
- Plans, monitors and appraises job results.
- Coaches, counsels and disciplines staff.
- Initiates, coordinates and enforces systems, policies and procedures.
- Approves direct reports' time sheets, requests for time off and/or overtime.
- Performs timely performance evaluations of direct reports.
- Coordinates and conducts new hire interviews; facilitates hiring decision.
- Attends and participates in applicable company-sponsored training.
Education: Bachelor's Degree in the biosciences or business preferred.
- 5+ years of experience with clinical investigator sites participating in clinical trials.
- Exposure to study coordinator roles and responsibilities.
- Experience with medical imaging preferred.
Additional skill set:
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Analytical skills and the ability to carry projects to successful completion. Strong multitasking abilities.
- Leadership Skills, ability to oversee operations teams across different studies and therapeutic areas.
- Strong multitasking abilities.
- Self-motivated with ability to work with minimal supervision, with aggressive deadlines.