Global Markets Compliance Officer - Structured Credit (AVP / VP) 8/19/2016
The Compliance Search Group
New York, NY
Our client, a global financial services firm, is seeking to hire a highly motivated candidate to assist in providing compliance oversight for its Structured Credit Finance and Trading ("Structured Credit") businesses, including origination, structuring, trading, as well as related sales teams.
The firm's US Structured Credit platform consists of a number of groups described in more detail below, many of which collaborate closely with each other.
* _Transportation, Infrastructure & Energy_ provides financing to aircraft and other commercial transport companies, as well as finances infrastructure and energy assets, including their construction.
* _ABS Banking_ provides origination and warehousing capabilities in the asset-backed securitization space across a variety of asset classes.
* _Credit Solutions & Direct Lending_ trades and originates bank loans and also provides financing for securities.
_Credit Structuring_ originates and executes transactions sourced from corporate investment banking coverage that are typically funded out of GCF the '33 Act and the '34 Act; FINRA, SEC, and broker dealer regulations; and US bank regulations.
* Ability to readily analyze complex transactions and assess an array of compliance considerations including information barriers, conflicts of interest, cross-border issues and market conduct/market abuse.
* A functional understanding of securitized products are how they are traded in the primary and secondary market.
* Ability to provide real-time guidance to the Structured Credit platform on compliance matters including regulatory requirements.
* Ability to identify and escalate relationships or transactions that pose reputational risk to the firm or create a conflict of interest.
* Ability to make, support and defend difficult and complex regulatory and/or compliance decisions in a fast-paced and high pressured environment.
* Ability to project confidence and professionalism in dealings with business personnel.
* Effective communication skills, as the candidate must routinely collaborate and partner with Compliance colleagues in other jurisdictions, as well as in other asset classes, to resolve or address regulatory and/or compliance concerns.
* An undergraduatedegree from an accredited institution.
* Develop knowledge of rules and regulations applicable to the various Structured Credit businesses
* Research emerging compliance risks relevant to the various Structured Credit businesses and draft memos outlining identified risks and potential mitigation strategies (e.g. consumer protection laws/CFPB considerations related to ABS Banking providing asset-based financing to companies that originate consumer loans/credit)
* Assist addressing real time questions and requests; perform the requisite analysis to address the questions/requests when needed
* Assist in preparation of Compliance management information both periodic and ad hoc
* Create and maintain US Structured Credit Compliance significant matters dashboard to feed to into Global Markets Compliance significant matters dashboard
* Monitor regulatory and surveillance reporting and escalate issues
* Draft reports and presentations
* Prepare draft responses to various requests from senior business management
* Attend and contribute to meetings and provide summary minutes to the team
* Prepare initial drafts of policies and procedures
* Provide support to other US Structured Credit Compliance team members on an ad hoc basis
* Develop and enhance compliance policies and procedures and coordinate with global colleagues in developing global standards.
* Assist with the establishment of an appropriate control framework tailored to the activities of the specific US Structured Credit business lines.
* Analyze proposed and enacted regulations and determine impact to supported US Structured Credit business lines.
* Conduct periodic risk assessments of the US Structured Credit business lines and their control frameworks.
* Develop and deliver compliance training on appropriate topics.