Global Markets, Equity Research Infrastructure - Data Architect Vice President/Associate (New York) EQT_16257 #074227
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/1/2016
END DATE 11/21/2016
New York, NY
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Job ID:
GLOBAL MARKETS, EQUITY RESEARCH INFRASTRUCTURE - DATA ARCHITECT VICE PRESIDENT/ASSOCIATE (NEW YORK) EQT_16257 #074227
CREDIT SUISSE COMPANY OVERVIEW
Credit Suisse is a leading global wealth manager with strong investment banking and asset management capabilities. Founded in 1856, Credit Suisse has expanded to be a global force employing over 45,000 people in 50 countries. With new leadership, a new strategy and a streamlined global organization, we are set for growth. We partner across businesses, divisions and regions to create innovative solutions to meet the needs of our clients and to help our employees grow. It is a high priority for us to continually invest in our employees by providing ongoing opportunities for training, networking and mobility. Join us and let's shape the future of Credit Suisse together.
Credit Suisse is looking for a lead developer for its Global Quantitative Equity team to join our top-ranked equity research division in New York.
* Challenging and interesting role as the lead Senior Data and Systems Architect within the Quantitative Equity Research team.
* Architect a front-end data loading platform that supports multiple data vendors and a variety of feeds and APIs. This will include both the hardware and software build. Data will include company specific data and macroeconomic data from a variety of internal CS and external sources.
* Build an internal database / data storage facility that captures all of the data coming into the data loading platform. This platform will be the key data store that supports all of the quantitative research data used by the team.
* Develop a research platform to be used by quantitative research analysts and work closely with the Head of Global Quantitative Equity research to design a platform for testing new signals and models.
* Oversee the monitoring and maintenance of the production of the financial models.
* Work with the quantitative equity research team to productionize research models.
* Partner with the larger Credit Suisse IT research department to integrate proprietary data sources into the quantitative equity data store.
* Assist the larger Credit Suisse research department in being able to access and use the quantitative research datasets.
* Potentially develop the skills over time to conduct quantitative research and fulfill client requests.
* Established rack record of building and architecting complex technology platforms using a variety of systems, tools and languages to build a robust research and production environment.
* Direct experience building and maintaining multi-layered systems for multi-source equity data loading platforms.
* Direct experience building and maintaining customized data storage solutions.
* Business experience with equity data highly desirable including but not limited to CRSP, Compustat, Worldscope, IBES, and Bloomberg.
* Strong presence and ability to effectively develop and communicate ideas & analysis
* Ability to multi-task with strong attention to detail.
* Independent, self-driven person who is happy to manage own workload in a time sensitive environment.
* Excellent written and verbal skills.
* Working knowledge and potential fluency in Matlab, Python, SQL (SQL Server, Sybase and/or DB2), Jira and web development technologies.
* Series 7, 63, 86, and 87 required - successful completion will be required shortly after employment begins
Credit Suisse is an equal opportunity employer. Welcoming diversity gives us a competitive advantage in the global marketplace and drives our success.