Global Meeting Services Meetings Sourcing Associate 9/17/2016
Boston Consulting Group
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Company Information
The Boston Consulting Group (BCG) is a global management consulting firm and the world s leading advisor on business strategy. We partner with clients from the private, public, and not-for-profit sectors in all regions to identify their highest value opportunities, address their most critical challenges, and transform their enterprises. BCG was founded in 1963 and is a privately owned firm with more than 7,000 employees across 85 offices in 48 countries. Integrity, respect for the individual, delivering value, and making an impact on society are just some of BCG's core values. BCG's commitment to both our clients' success and our own standards is what sets BCG apart as a world-class professional services organization. Join BCG - start your career at a company that is consistently ranked as the leader in its field, and is acknowledged as one of the best places to work.
This role will fully support meeting sourcing including destination research and sourcing of hotels, destination management companies, caterers and other suppliers. Each event/meeting is globally diverse and will require coordination with meeting organizers across the firm.
The Meetings Sourcing Associate is also responsible for ensuring accurate capture of sourcing related data including selected suppliers, budget information, industry trends and similar information and maintaining an accurate database of sourcing related information and generating reporting as required.
There is also an expectation the Meetings Sourcing Associate will cross train in both Technology (mobile apps, registration sites) and Operations (event planning including onsite support). Approximately 20% of your time will be spent in these areas on an annual basis.
* Research and source hotels, DMC's, caterers and other suppliers necessary to successfully implement assigned meetings, including negotiating and finalizing contracts.
* Budget creation and analysis of available properties/vendors
* Ensure all sourcing related data is captured and tracked in Lanyon and other systems as appropriate.
* Act as a backup resource for both Operations and Technology units within GMS.
* Assist in activities that will increase the adoption and growth strategy of centralized sourcing services within BCG.
* Be familiar with meetings industry and stay current with hotel trends
* Proactively troubleshoot and communicate sourcing related issues.
* Communicate exceptionally, including routine presentations/interactions with senior leadership.
* Be proficient / advanced in PowerPoint, Word and especially Excel.
* Provide data analysis and reporting on sourcing utilization globally adhering to BCG guidelines, policies, standards and best practices.
* Be able to work collaboratively.
* Work on a prioritized list of initiatives
* Collaborate with IT service owners and vendors to deliver new and enhanced technology solutions.
* Work with Lanyon or other technology providers to learn and support mobile apps and registration services.
* Help clients with logistics of event planning including being onsite to support their meetings.
Basic Job Requirements
Education or Certifications
* Experience at BCG or other professional services firm in a business partnership role
* Minimum of a Bachelor's degree in related field
* Minimum of 1 year of experience in meetings or hotel industry preferred, but will consider applicants with the equivalent level of practical experience
* Successfully deliver components or work streams of global projects
* Excellent coordination skills between 3rd party/vendor and internal clients
* Knowledge of Lanyon products or services a bonus
* Proficiency with Microsoft Office applications including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
* Fluent in English (written and verbal) other language skills (especially German) would be beneficial
* Prior global experience, preferably in a professional services organization
Travel requirements (if applicable)
* Domestic and International travel may be required
* Technical and functional expertise
* Experience and success in balancing program, change, people and external vendor management.
* Excellent interpersonal and presentation skills; in particular, demonstrated ability to effectively communicate technical and business issues and solutions to multiple organizational levels internally and externally.
* Ability to work well under pressure, prioritize and balance multiple responsibilities.
* Able to work independently, yet seamlessly integrate activities with other teams when needed.
* Must be able to perform successfully in a fast-paced, intellectually intense, service-oriented environment and to interpret rules and guidelines flexibly to enhance the business and in keeping with BCG s values and culture.
* It is necessary to have the ability to understand and manage complex reporting relationships and cultures.
* Experience working successfully within a complex matrix structured organization is preferred.
The Boston Consulting Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity / expression, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected under federal, state or local law, where applicable. BCG is an E-Verify Employer. Click here for more information on E-Verify. VEVRAA Federal Contractor
Auto req ID 3178BR