Global Meetings Operations Coordinator
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/9/2016
END DATE 10/19/2016
Boston Consulting Group
JOB DESCRIPTIONCompany Information
The Boston Consulting Group (BCG) is a global management consulting firm and the world s leading advisor on business strategy. We partner with clients from the private, public, and not-for-profit sectors in all regions to identify their highest value opportunities, address their most critical challenges, and transform their enterprises. BCG was founded in 1963 and is a privately owned firm with more than 7,000 employees across 85 offices in 48 countries. Integrity, respect for the individual, delivering value, and making an impact on society are just some of BCG's core values. BCG's commitment to both our clients' success and our own standards is what sets BCG apart as a world-class professional services organization. Join BCG - start your career at a company that is consistently ranked as the leader in its field, and is acknowledged as one of the best places to work.
Global Meeting Services (GMS) is a team of professionals who work collaboratively to source, plan, manage, and execute events for various functions across BCG. This is a hands-on, high-energy role focused on delivery and implementation. Team members need to be flexible, team-first professionals.
The objectives of the GMS function are to create the right balance between efficiency, effectiveness, and service while driving down costs and delivering a high quality experience.
The GMS team also serves as a strategic advisor and tactical support network to our worldwide, regional, and local teams who may be responsible for the delivery of successful events and projects themselves.
Under the general direction of the Global Meetings Operations Lead, this role will provide event planning, which includes but is not limited to, venue sourcing and contracting, management, execution, and support for a wide variety of local, regional and worldwide internal events such as global training meetings and Worldwide Partner Meetings.
The candidate will act as a thought partner and subject matter expert, defining and implementing continuous improvement across meeting-related services.
Specific responsibilities include:
* Provide pre-planning and on-site logistical operations support for worldwide, regional and local events ranging in size from 10 to 3000 attendees, including but not limited to registration (building and management of participant registration site ), food and beverage selection, meeting room allocation, accommodation management, mobile app, transportation, audiovisual, security, on-site logistic management and event coordination
* Coordinate venue sourcing and contract negotiations with outside vendors for a wide range of meetings using the meeting management platform; prepare pricing analysis on recommended venues via Excel
* Update savings and budget information and maintain contracts in BCG s meeting management platform (currently Lanyon)
* Reconcile invoices and maintain budget data related to events
* Maintain relationships with vendors (hotels, service providers, etc.).
* Establish and maintain a project timeline of deliverables
* Assist in the development and distribution of communication and promotional materials related to events
* Support the ongoing maintenance and contribute to updates of the internal GMS website
* Develop and maintain meeting best practices information and materials
Basic Job Requirements
* Bachelor's Degree or equivalent in Business, Hospitality or related field
* 3-5 years related experience in the event planning and/or hotel industry preferred, but will also consider applicants demonstrating sufficient level of knowledge and experience
* Organizational skills and ability to multi-task and manage competing priorities; ability to work effectively in a fast paced environment
* Strong attention to detail, flexibility, and the willingness to be an active team player
* Excellent time management skills; must work well with deadlines
* Demonstrated customer service orientation; highly responsive
* Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written; active listener across all levels of the organization
* Proficiency with MS Office applications (particularly Outlook, Excel, Word, and PowerPoint
* Experience in Lanyon preferred, but not required
* Multi lingual (especially German) a plus
Technical and functional expertise
* Strong understanding and technical knowledge of hospitality industry, including space planning and food and beverage
* Skilled in contract negotiation
* Ability to integrate broad knowledge base beyond own area
Problem solving, analytical skills and decision making
* Ability to independently resolve issues/problems using critical thinking, analysis and data always keeping the big picture in mind
* Ability to work independently and autonomously with a high level of initiative and self-motivation
* Maintains a high level of intellectual agility and resourcefulness when faced with significant ambiguity and fluctuating priorities and constraints
* Appropriately seeks advice and counsel for decisions
Communication, interpersonal and teaming skills
* Ability to effectively communicate project status to ensure stakeholders are kept informed of progress
* Excellent interpersonal skills and relationship building with both internal and external stakeholders; collaborative, strong cross-functional team player capable of partnering across geographies, practices, and cohorts
* Ability to collaborate / partner with virtual team members
Work management, organization and planning
* Ability to multitask, prioritize and manage multiple projects with realistic, but aggressive deadlines/commitments
* Strong negotiation and cost-conscious skills
* Ability to work effectively with significant ambiguity and fluctuating priorities and constraints
* Must be able to perform successfully in a fast-paced, intellectually intense, service-oriented environment and to interpret rules and guidelines flexibly to enhance the business and in keeping with BCG s culture.
* Must be a pragmatic, high-energy professional with personal and professional self-confidence.
* Must have the political savvy and interpersonal skills to build relationships throughout a loosely structured organization.
* Must be comfortable working on a virtual team
* This job may require significant global travel
* Unpredictable workload which may include long hours per week, especially when on-site for programs
The Boston Consulting Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity / expression, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected under federal, state or local law, where applicable. BCG is an E-Verify Employer. Click here for more information on E-Verify. VEVRAA Federal Contractor
Auto req ID 2823BR