Global Network Architect
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/18/2016
END DATE 11/18/2016
Campbell Soup Company
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY IMAGINE...working for a company that knows that its people are the key to its success in the marketplace. A company in which achieving extraordinary results and having a stimulating work experience are part of the same process.
We cultivate and embrace a diverse employee population. We recognize that people with diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspectives fuel our growth and enrich our global culture.
We are looking for an individual who enjoys working in a fast-paced, team oriented environment, likes to be challenged, and values the opportunity to make a difference.
Responsible for the architecture and value engineering initiatives for their service area.
Managing and leading all Network projects and new Network service requests which require services..
Participating in all IT and Business projects that require network services.
Assist with the design and implement short- and long-term strategic plans to make certain network capacity meets existing and future requirements.
Document and develop in-depth knowledge of company's existing Network architecture/infrastructure, and technology portfolio
Develop and manage an infrastructure capacity plan
Develop, document, communicate, and enforce a technology standards policy.
Conduct research and make recommendations on network products, services, protocols, and standards in support of network procurement and development efforts.
* Provides senior level technical & architectural leadership for Network area.
* Responsible for a technical architecture framework and defines new architectural standards for given platform/technology
* Leads the discovery, evaluation and selection of enterprise solutions for the platforms supported.
* Leads and participates in multiple projects/programs concurrently.
* Analyzes emerging technologies and determines how it can be used at Campbell's
* Leads in developing a long term financial strategy and roadmap for their respective area
* Proactively optimizes the total cost of ownership for the platform/technology.
* Responsible for innovating the platform to meet new service needs and deliver cost savings beyond service and capacity alignment.
* Reviews new business requirements and leads in the decision making process for technology solutions for their area.
* Participates in the business engagement roadmap sessions, leverages the BE roadmap to define the service strategy.
* Define standards for the Network area and ensures adherence.
Bachelor's or Master's degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or other related discipline or equivalent work experience
7-10 years IT work experience in infrastructure/systems environments performing systems planning, architectural design, engineering and optimization.
Other Knowledge and Skills:
* Advanced technical knowledge of Network technologies as well as a broad knowledge in other disciplines/technologies.
* Previous experience managing/working in an outsourced IT environment.
* Ability to manage a globally disbursed team.
* Has the ability to translate business needs into roadmaps and can articulate cost implications of business choices.
* Has a skill in cost management and developing a long term platform strategic roadmap and financial plan.
* ITIL Certification preferred
* Ability to execute in and with diverse global cultures and resources.
* Ability to perform in a challenging, fast-paced technical and business environment.
* Has a strong project management skills.
* Has had experience delivering a significant series of large infrastructure projects.
* Proven analytical and problem solving abilities.
* Team oriented and skilled in working in a collaborative environment.
* Thorough knowledge and ability to maneuver in a global organization.
* Strong leadership skills.
* Strong verbal and written communication skills.
* Ability to use Microsoft Visio, Excel, Word & PowerPoint
* Innate ability to overcome obstacles, deal with ambiguity and deliver solutions in a matrixed environment.
THE COMPANY IS COMMITTED TO PROVIDING EQUAL OPPORTUNITY FOR EMPLOYEES AND APPLICANTS IN ALL ASPECTS OF THE EMPLOYMENT RELATIONSHIP, WITHOUT REGARD TO RACE, COLOR, SEX, SEXUAL ORIENTATION, GENDER IDENTITY, NATIONAL ORIGIN, CITIZENSHIP, MARITAL STATUS, VETERAN STATUS, DISABILITY, AGE, RELIGION OR ANY OTHER CLASSIFICATION PROTECTED BY LAW.
IN THAT REGARD, U.S. APPLICANTS AND EMPLOYEES ARE PROTECTED FROM DISCRIMINATION BASED ON CERTAIN CATEGORIES PROTECTED BY FEDERAL LAW. CLICK HERE FOR ADDITIONAL INFORMATION.