Global Pricing Manager
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/7/2016
END DATE 11/3/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONThe Global Pricing Manager will join Process Solution s Global Pricing team and will work with the team on the exciting opportunity of creating a harmonized pricing landscape within Process Solutions. The challenges of today s pricing within Process Solutions lies in the different strategies, methodologies, processes and tools applied by the Business Fields, originating from two legacy companies. The focus of the Global Pricing Team lies on advancing this state towards a harmonized Process Solution pricing comprised of a unified strategy, efficient global processes and a common set of tools. The successful candidate will support these endeavors with a clear focus on the tools and processes of our supported businesses. By advancing strategy, processes and tools this role will maximize the Pricing Performance making a major impact on the profitable growth of the business.
This position will engage with all levels of Marketing, Sales, Finance and other stakeholders on a regular basis, making strong collaboration and communication skills a must.
Act as liaison partner for the partners you will support in all matters related to their pricing needs.
As a Price Manager you are responsible for driving all activities to improve pricing, e.g.
* Strategically improve existing pricing processes or approaches considering cross functional impact
* Act as change agent to facilitate mindset change, when needed and help acceptance and understanding of strategy, new tools & processes
* Tactically support monitoring of pricing, identification of outliers, derive corrective actions and ensure their execution
* Lead campaigns to overhaul existing list prices or fill price gaps (portfolio, list, target and limit prices)
* Coordinate annual list price process for these countries
* High number of stakeholders with sometimes conflicting goals
* Must overcome change resistance and language barriers
* Work in a project-like environment with a wealth of tasks against time constraints
* Global Marketing & Product Management
* Global Sales & Sales Support
* Management at all levels of the organization
* Customer Service
* Legal, Finance
* 4+ years of experience in pricing, marketing, and/or finance
* Bachelor's Degree required, MBA preferred
* Strong communication skills, highly assertive, fast paced
* Ability to lead, promote change and influence others in a matrixed environment
* Demonstrated strong leadership and project management skills
* Excellent team player embracing multi-cultural and multi-lingual projects and work environments
* Strong analytical capabilities and ability to resolve complex problems
* Biotech/pharmaceutical or technology industry experience a plus
* Proficient in MS Office, especially advanced Excel skills, CRM (Salesforce.com), Business Objects, SAP, Oracle
* Knowledge of PROS Pricing Solution Suite a plus
MilliporeSigma is the North American life science brand of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany a leading science and technology company. It offers a broad range of innovative products and services to biotech and pharmaceutical drug therapies businesses. Through dedicated collaboration with the scientific and engineering communities, and as one of the top three R&D investors in the life science tools industry, the brand serves as a strategic partner to customers and helps advance the promise of life science.
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to his/her Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because he/she made a good faith report of discrimination.