Global Product Approval Leader_Laundry 8/24/2016
Benton Harbor, MI
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Whirlpool Corporation (NYSE: WHR) is the number one major appliance manufacturer in the world, with approximately $21 billion in annual sales, 97,000 employees and 70 manufacturing and technology research centers in 2015. The company markets _Whirlpool_, _KitchenAid, Maytag_,_ Consul, Brastemp, Amana_, _Bauknecht_, _Jenn-Air_, _Indesit_ and other major brand names in nearly every country throughout the world. We earn the trust of consumers around the globe by focusing on what matter most. Because of our leadership practices, development opportunities, business performance, strong reputation and a commitment to the communities where we live and work, Whirlpool Corporation has received many awards including - Fortune Magazine's Top Companies for Leaders, one of the world's Most Admired Companies, Fast Company's Top 50 Most Innovative Companies and we've had a perfect score on the Human Rights Campaign Corporate Equality Index for over 11years in a row.
This position is located at our global headquarters in Saint Joseph and Benton Harbor, Michigan - a breathtaking vacation community on 40 miles of Lake Michigan beachfront, where swimming, sailing, kayaking, waterskiing, boating, and beach volleyball are abundant. The company is host to a variety of employee resource groups, including a Young Professionals Network - a group of more than 700 local members who are active in corporate social responsibility commitments like Habitat for Humanity, Cook for the Cure, United Way, Boys and Girls Club, and other social activities. A quick 90-minute drive from Chicago, Southwest Michigan is also home to a new Jack Nicklaus signature golf course called Harbor Shores, 17 other public golf courses, nearly 20 wineries, two art districts, many seasonal festivals, outdoor concerts and events all year long. Join us in making the most of moments that matter. Additional information about our company can be found at http://www.whirlpoolcorp.com. Follow us on LinkedIn or join the conversation @whirlpoolcorp on Twitter.
Currently, we are seeking qualified candidates for a GLOBAL PRODUCT APPROVAL LEADER - TOP LOAD LAUNDRY opening to join our GLOBAL TEAM to deliver safe and reliable product launches for the VA Mass Architecture
WHAT YOU WILL DO
* Proactively works with the Architecture leader and creates the design verification plan that support the requirements set for the project.
* Issues product approval for the projects prior to Production.
* Identifies the verification methods ( physical or virtual) that will ensure the product and subsystems are meeting the requirements identified by the project team and applicable regulations.
* Ensures visibility of gaps versus targets and issues/risks through the development and pro-actively supports the sub system leaders and system integrators to define action plans to close those gaps.
* Proactively works with the product quality organizations to ensure that performance and reliability requirements protect us versus known failure modes.
* Proactively work with the Codes and Safety organization to ensure that the latest requirements are incorporated in the verification and validation plans.
* Coaches engineers to develop the right test to learn verification methods to learn about the factors influencing the design.
* Creates the test plans with the laboratory / SBD teams and oversees execution of the test plans to support the needs of design verification and validation.
* Effectively managing demand and supply of lab testing including working with other platforms .
* Builds system modeling and knowledge reuse capabilities
* Operations Codes, Safety and Regulatory requirements and certification.
* Develops technical talent to ensure we have the right knowledge and skills to create the technical solutions that will enable product leadership.
* Delivers on People Excellence
What You Need to Succeed
Bachelors Degree in Engineering: Mechanical or Electrical
8+ years of engineering leadership and technical depth to include:
* 2 +years of New Product Introduction
* 2 +years leading engineering teams
* 2+ years experience working and driving compliance to global codes, standards and regulatory requirements
* Team development and resource deployment
* Safe, reliable, to code products
* System models and knowledge capabilities
* Regional CSR certification
* Product approval process
* Test methods
* Regulatory requirements and certifications
* Decisions Owned
* Product Approval
* Product Leadership Criteria, Project Delivery (Quality, Cost, Schedule), People Excellence