Global Sales Mgr., Defense and Government Markets
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/23/2016
END DATE 12/19/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONEMCORE Corporation designs and manufactures Indium Phosphide (InP) optical chips, components, subsystems and systems for the broadband and specialty fiber optics market. EMCORE was the pioneer in linear fiber optic transmission technology, and today is a leader in optical components, as well as a provider of complete end-to-end solutions for high-speed communications network infrastructures, enabling systems and service providers to meet growing demand for bandwidth and connectivity. EMCORE's advanced optical technologies are designed for cable television (CATV) and fiber-to-the-premise (FTTP) networks, telecommunications and data centers, satellite communications, aerospace and defense, wireless networks, and broadcast and professional audio/video systems. With its world-class InP semiconductor wafer fabrication facility, EMCORE has fully vertically-integrated manufacturing capability and also provides contract design, foundry and component packaging services. EMCORE is headquartered in Alhambra, California, USA with InP wafer fabrication operations in Alhambra, and ISO 9001 certified manufacturing in Alhambra and Langfang, China.
We are seeking a North American/Global Sales Mgr. to join our Sales team!
This position is responsible for managing the direct sale of Defense and Government-related markets, to equipment integrators and end users, Satellite Communication products, optical and non-optical (transmitters, receivers, sub-assemblies) as well as other custom products, to equipment integrators and end users within the US, Europe and, Pacific Rim and additional territories TBD. The position develops sales strategies, forecasts sales volumes and collaborates with product marketing teams to drive new products and platforms into the market. This person will be a key resource in the Government and Defense sectors as well as sign up integrators and new distributors for channel distribution.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILTIES:
* Formulate account strategies within the Defense and Government-related sectors as well as Satellite Communication products, to grow the business and the relationships within large integrators and end user customer accounts
* Develop and maintain account plans and detailed financial forecast for customer base
* Prospect for new clients and network to widen company's contact base within North America, Pacific Rim and Europe
* Develop new business opportunities with partners possessing complementary technologies and products
* Regularly interact with customer base to negotiate contracts, formulate product roadmaps and drive new product platforms
* Clearly articulate the unique value proposition of EMCORE products in technical and business terms
* Work with cross functional teams to drive customer satisfaction
* Conduct accurate sales forecasting and achieve sales targets
* Familiarity with handling of ITAR products and Government policies/procedures for domestic and international sales
* Attend trade shows and industry conferences and public speaking engagements as necessary
* Candidate must be willing to travel throughout the West Coast US as well as international travel as required.
* Compensation package includes a base salary, a commission program and a robust benefits package.
* BS Degree in related technical field
* Equivalent combination of education and experience will be considered.
* Minimum of 5 years of related experience. Experience in the Government/Defense related industries preferred
* Excellent problem solving skills will be required in addition to excellent written and verbal skills.
* Must speak a second language to English
* Excellent ability in interpersonal skills.
NOTE: Due to the nature of the products involved, candidates must be US citizens.