Global Security Operations Center Coordinator
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/13/2016
END DATE 10/10/2016
Advantage Resourcing - XPO
Painted Post, NY
JOB DESCRIPTIONJob Description:
We are looking for Experienced Global Security Professionals to join our team
Have you been looking for a new position with a great company* LOOK NO FURTHER!!
Come work for one of the World's Leading Innovators in Materials Science!
Our team is focused on hiring the best people in the business!
If you would like to be part of a dynamic, creative, and rewarding environment, this is the place for you!
Job Title: Global Security Operations Center Coordinator
Location: Corning, NY
Contract: 12 months
The schedule is a rotating schedule, every 4 weeks you are on a different shift. 11p-7a, 7a-3p, 3p-11p. This schedule is set for the entire year. M-F are 8 hour shifts, then Sat & Sun are 12 hour shifts: 3p-3a, 3a-3p
The Global Security Operations Center (GSOC) Coordinator, under the guidance of the GSOC Manager, is responsible for monitoring the security of employees, facilities, and property worldwide. The purpose of this position is to detect, analyze and alert others regarding all-hazardous threats to the corporation and its employees; these threats may include extreme weather conditions, political instability, crime, terror, infrastructure failures, etc.
The GSOC Coordinator also provides alarm monitoring, dispatch communications, emergency response, and incident notifications, including escalation of major incidents to senior corporation management.
Professionally represent the Global Security Division by performing duties including, but not limited to:
* Communicating directly with employees around the world as a primary first-contact/first-report for all questions and concerns pertaining to security
* Gathering security and threat information from multiple open-source intelligence services using a variety of web-based and in-house tools
* Conducting risk analysis, and providing proactive guidance to travelers, expatiates, and facility management
* Global monitoring of company assets, including alarm response with dispatch of emergency and/or security services
* Compiling situational and after-action reports for both security and company management
* Providing as-needed support for various security operations, crisis response and business continuity functions
* Performing business functions such as document drafting and revision, data tracking, budget forecasting, and data analysis Minimum
* Bachelor s degree (Business/Political Science/International Relations)
* Or Associate Degree with 2+ years experience in a related field Required
* Strong customer service skills
* Strong team player with an professional interpersonal style
* Aptitude for clear and effective writing under time-sensitive conditions
* Superior telephone and face-to-face verbal communication skills, including experience clarifying information in a friendly and positive manner
* Flexibility to work all shifts and a willingness to work scheduled and unscheduled overtime
* Ability to establish priorities, multitask, work independently, and complete objectives in a fast-paced and demanding work environment
* Sound operational judgment
* Must maintain a high degree of confidentiality
* Comfortable in a high-tech work environment, with constant learning of new tools and processes
* Good working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite, especially Word, Excel, PowerPoint, SharePoint Desired
* Broad geopolitical awareness, knowledge of international events, and cultural sensitivity
* Experience conducting research and acquiring and analyzing data
* Technical writing experience
* 2nd language Mandarin, Korean, German, French, Spanish or Portuguese
About Advantage Resourcing
At Advantage Resourcing, our primary objective is to perfectly align the best people with the appropriate jobs. These jobs may be temporary assignments or career positions. We place talented people in a wide variety of jobs working with our client companies in areas such as: engineering, IT, technical, manufacturing, skilled trades, distribution, call centers, clerical, accounting, finance and sales.
Our strength is being able to solve our clients workforce needs by matching people that have the right skills, knowledge and motivation to each opportunity. Advantage Resourcing can help you discover the personal and career success you desire.
Advantage Resourcing Americas, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer offering employment without regard for race, color, religious creed, national origin, ancestry, gender, marital status, age, sexual orientation, sex, gender identity, disability, veteran status, or other legally protected categories. Advantage Resourcing is a VEVRAA Federal Contractor.