Global Security Operations Center Operator, All Shifts, Menlo Park 9/15/2016
AlliedBarton Security Services
Menlo Park, CA
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY MORE INFORMATION ABOUT THIS JOB:
AlliedBarton Security Services is hiring 2 full time grave shift GSOC operators @ Facebook in Menlo Park, CA. Applicants must have customer service experience, project confidence, be approachable when interacting with customers display passion and enthusiasm for the job, and utilizes critical thinking skills while applying sound judgment.
Benefits for AlliedBarton employees @ Facebook include:
1) Accelerated vacation accrual
2) New Child Benefit of twice the employee s monthly wages not to exceed $4,000
Come join the AlliedBarton Team @ Facebook!
The Global Security Operations Center (if applicable) must be staffed twenty-four (24) hours per day, seven (7) days per week. The GSOC Operator is responsible for using best practices to identify, analyze, and support all incidents that are either impactful or potentially impactful to business, the brand and or employees. This position is responsible for using best practices for communicating information surrounding those incidents to leadership as appropriate. The GSOC Operator will monitor cameras and alarms, dispatch associated calls via telephone and radio, operate access control technology, and provide general assistance to both employees and guests. The GSOC operator supports headquarters and field teams as they prepare for, respond to, and recover from both crisis and non-crisis incidents. Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
* The GSOC operator is responsible for answering routine and emergency calls, monitoring alarms and video equipment including fire alarms, door alarms, and duress alarms and provides general assistance to both employees and guests.
* The GSOC operator will dispatch security officers, ERT, facilities, police, fire and EMS personnel as required via telephone and/or radio.
* The GSOC operator maintains various records of communications and events.
* The GSOC operator uses multiple internal and external resources to gather and manage information and intelligence about events that are occurring both domestically and internationally that may impact Client.
* The GSOC operator communicates and disseminates information, using established communication vehicles, to key partners using best practices.
* The GSOC operator takes an active role in position related projects. The levels of responsibility will vary from consulting to owning projects based on the individual
* The GSOC operator will act as a liaison between all departments and the Physical Security Department
* The GSOC operator will escalate (without delay) complaints and unusual/critical event information to Shift Supervisor, Account Manager, and GSOC Manager
* The GSOC operator accurately maintains control of all equipment and keys in the GSOC. Accurately logs all equipment and keys signed out and returned by Security, parking and shuttle bus staff.
The GSOC operator completes 'Task work orders" for all facilities needs* reported.
* The GSOC operator informs (without delay) the Shift Supervisor I Account Manager of any missing, damaged, or inoperative equipment or communications, alarm, CCTV, or other systems
* The GSOC operator proactively monitors all surveillance cameras and CCTV remote viewer programs. Monitors and responds to all security and safety system alarms.
* The GSOC operator answers and responds to events and situations received over regular and emergency phones and intercoms. Controls and monitors the two- way communication systems.
* The GSOC operator must have excellent verbal, written and customer service skills and abilities.
Special Skills and Attributes include:
* Advanced computer skills and proficiency.
* Above average computer hardware and software knowledge.
* Excellent verbal and communication skills.
* Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
* Self-motivated and able to work under little to no direct supervision.
* Ability to work in a team environment.
Ability to multi-ask, discerns patterns in details.
* Think through problems for logical solutions, and remain calm and professional under stress. Strong decision making ability during both crisis and non- crisis situations.
* Able to work with highly confidential information
* Must be able to speak clearly, give direction, and provide guidance to employees and security staff during emergencies.
* Able to work and communicate effectively with all levels of leadership.
AlliedBarton Security Services is the industry s premier provider of security personnel to many industries including commercial real estate, higher education, healthcare, chemical/petrochemical, government, manufacturing and distribution, financial institutions, shopping centers and residential communities. More than 60,000 employees and 120 offices serve thousands of clients with levels of protection that anticipate needs and build enduring relationships. AlliedBarton is known as the most responsive security services provider and it is our people that differentiates AlliedBarton. Recognized as a training leader, AlliedBarton offers on-the-job, web-based and ongoing training programs for all personnel from security officers through executive level management. Our focus on learning and development and our leadership culture help our employees grow personally and professionally.
Dare to be GREAT! Be daring, be GREAT, be one of us! For additional information, please visit our website at http://jobs.alliedbarton.com/.
AlliedBarton is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/Disabled/Veteran.