Global Senior Cost Accounting Manager
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/2/2016
END DATE 10/16/2016
Olin Chlor Alkali Products
JOB DESCRIPTIONThe Olin Corporation Chlor-Alkali Products & Vinyls Division has an opportunity for a Global Senior Cost Accounting Manager. This position will be located in the Houston, TX or Freeport, TX. Olin Corporation Senior Cost Accounting Manager is responsible to lead the cost accounting functions across Olin's global Chemical businesses and to ensure all accounting activity recorded within the company's records and books are accurate and complete. In addition, this role manages organization development of the cost accounting function and mentors the development of direct reports and others within the cost accounting function. The role has global responsibilities and will interface with business and functional leadership from Europe, Latin America, and Asia as well as North America.
Responsible to ensure global cost accounting activity recorded within the company's records and books are accurate and complete. Responsibilities include definition of cost accounting policies and practices, updating policies and procedures for now accounting pronouncements, mentoring and coaching cost accounting leadership in technical and practical matters to assure efficient and effective cost accounting operations globally. Cost accounting responsibilities include leadership of cost center budgeting, inventory accounting (LIFO & FIFO), product costing, recording, reporting, analyzing and communicating functional/business activity and results. Adherence to the company's accounting policy and practices and U.S. generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP) as well as local financial and statutory requirements. The incumbent will ensures financial statements accurately reflect results of operations and the financial position of the company, selected balance sheet account reconciliation and analysis. Assist the function/business management teams in financial analysis necessary for decision making.
* Manage/Coordinate Global cost accounting function
* Provide oversight of all inventory valuation (FIFO, LIFO, MRO stores, etc.)
* Mentor and Develop Cost Accounting Staff
* Support External audit and Tax Audit queries
* Support effective internal control procedures and SOX compliance
* Provide accounting support for business and functional partners
* Support the development of accurate manufacturing cost estimates and budgets
* A minimum 10 years of relevant experience
* Excellent leadership skills of people and process
* Good understanding of US GAAP requirements
* Strong coaching and interpersonal skills
* Excellent knowledge of work processes, ERP system, and other accounting and planning computer applications
* Good knowledge of Microsoft Excel and Microsoft Access
* Good Analytical Skills
* CPA with public accounting experience
* Varied accounting and finance experience (i.e. several assignments in several work process areas)
* Strong foundation in SAP/ECC accounting system and processes
* Detailed knowledge of Cost Accounting in a manufacturing environment
* Ability to quickly learn the organizational structure and to collaborate with colleagues (functional and business)
* Bachelor's Degree or higher in Accounting or closely related subject