Global Strategic Sourcing Leader
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/17/2016
END DATE 11/1/2016
W.L. Gore & Associates, Inc.
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Gore is a technology-driven global company built on entrepreneurial innovation, integrity, and teamwork. Our diverse portfolio includes everything from high-performance fabrics and implantable medical devices to industrial manufacturing components and aerospace electronics. Through our product leadership, we've been changing lives and changing industries for more than 50 years. What can you change by joining Gore? Visit gore.com/change-life to find out.
Gore Medical Products has provided creative therapeutic solutions to complex medical problems for 40 years. During that time, 40 million innovative Gore Medical Devices have been implanted, saving and improving the quality of lives worldwide. Our extensive family of products includes vascular grafts, endovascular and interventional devices, surgical meshes for hernia and soft tissue reconstruction, staple line reinforcement materials, and sutures for use in vascular, cardiac, and general surgery. We are looking for a Global Strategic Sourcing Leader to join our team in Arizona. This position can be based in either Phoenix or Flagstaff, AZ.
If you are searching for a company where you can make a difference, were looking for you! In this role, you will have responsibility for the long term success of strategic sourcing initiatives to support effective and efficient supply chains throughout the entire product lifecycle. You will provide direction and oversight for Strategic Sourcing, Procurement, Supplier Performance Management, Category Management and Raw Material Warehousing. A primary responsibility is to ensure the Business Units, R&D, Manufacturing and other functions receive the maximum value from these shared services to meet the business objectives. You will be responsible for developing strategic sourcing strategy and for creating a team environment that engages associates and drives results.
* Developing the overall vision and objectives for sourcing and ensuring effective execution
* Understanding external industry trends, the competitive environment and our internal performance to align, refresh and transform the sourcing strategy accordingly
* Integrating and aligning functional priorities with divisional and enterprise goals and initiatives
* Driving improvement of key functional metrics and reductions in functional operating costs
* Partnering with cross-functional leaders to provide expertise needed for successful design for supply chain decisions and for mobilizing strategic sourcing initiatives
* Leading the selection and management of outsourcing activities, including participating in and ensuring effective make versus buy decisions
* Implementing standard processes and tools in alignment with enterprise direction
* Drive the implementation of new systems capabilities to support sourcing functional needs and best practices
* Establishing and driving a continuous improvement environment and ensuring the application of lean manufacturing principles
* Providing leadership for multiple team leaders which includes driving the performance management, talent planning and compensation processes
* Developing a high performing team with the appropriate skills, knowledge and bench strength to drive functional excellence and deliver on the long term needs of the business
* Championing the practice of the Gore culture and holding others accountable for achieving results in a manner consistent with Gore values
* Participating in the Divisional Operations leadership team to drive integration and excellence in the function
REQUIRED JOB QUALIFICATIONS:
* Bachelors degree with a supply chain, engineering or operations emphasis
* Minimum of 15 years supply chain experience with at least 5 years in a strategic sourcing role
* Minimum of 8 years successful leadership experience
* Experience driving transformational change
* Demonstrated skills and experience with high value purchasing and contract negotiations across a diverse range of commodities and services
* Successful track record of continuous improvement
* Proven track record of fostering a positive, engaging and team based environment
* Demonstrated ability to clearly establish expectations, fairly address performance issues and hold others accountable
* Experience supporting mature commercial product and early stage/new product development
* Ability to develop and execute strategic plans and successfully manage multiple priorities
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills
* Ability to travel 15% domestically and internationally
DESIRED JOB QUALIFICATIONS:
* CPSM, CSCP, CPIM, CPM, SPSM or similar certifications
* Experience in medical device industry
* Experience with ERP and Product Lifecycle Management (PLM) systems
* Masters Degree in Supply Chain, Operations or Business
* Experience in multiple industries
Gore is committed to a drug-free workplace. All employment is contingent upon successful completion of drug and background screening.
Gore requires all applicants to be eligible to work within the US. Gore generally will not sponsor visas unless otherwise noted on the position description.
Gore is a M/F, Disabled and Vet EEO/AA Employer. (Applies to all positions in the U.S.)
KEYWORDS: Gore, job, Flagstaff, Phoenix, AZ, Arizona, OPEX, medical device, regulated, leader, leadership, leading, manager, management, managing, manufacturing, operations, operating, manufacturing, manufacture, global, enterprise, business, technical, supply chain, processes, products, systems, planning, planner, continuous, improvement, flexibility, strategy, strategies, strategic, productivity, efficiency, capacity, intellectual property, developing, implementing, executing, guiding, directing, communicating, promoting, tracking, measuring, metrics, goals, objectives, results, performance, safety, quality, assurance