Global Supply Chain Analyst
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/16/2016
END DATE 10/22/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONJOB OVERVIEW:
Responsible for tracking and analyzing data related to Global Vendor Information in support of Supply Chain projects. Partners with global business groups to ensure data integrity and meet project deadlines. Compiles and analyzes data for Global Supply Chain reports using Data Warehouse, WebFocus, Hyperion and/or other tools. Compiles data on key metrics and interprets supporting commentary to produce reports for GSC leadership. Communicates with global entities to ensure Global Vendor Information application is updated and that testing protocol is in place.
* Works within the Global Vendor Information application and Supplier contribution/investment project materials to analyze and report on data in support of Global Supply Chain teams. Provides Daily, Monthly, Periodic and Annual reviews of identified key metrics. Ensures accuracy of metrics and interprets and communicates supporting information. Issues written and oral communication regarding processes, procedures and policies to internal teams including leadership.
* Supports the creation of Global Vendor Reports, by using GVI information along with direct contact with entities to include commentary and analysis.
* Supports the Global Vendor Information application and Vendor contribution/investment project. Partners with IS, Business teams (global) in order to ensure accurate and timely information. Maintains/Creates proper documentation. Verifies & validates data/information and tests systems accordingly.
* Acts as an internal consultant to develop and maintain various projects within the Global Supply Chain group. Collects and tracks data, feedback from the teams, creates and analyzes progress of projects, and works with individuals to ensure that deadlines are met and resources are used efficiently.
* Liaison for Global Supply Chain projects, items and vendors and maintains contact with Henry Schein entities on a worldwide basis. Builds productive working relationships with internal team members and suppliers.
* Creates ad Hoc and permanent queries and reports using Microsoft Access and Microsoft Excel as necessary to support the Global Supply Chain team. Utilizes Data Warehouse to perform analysis.
* Supports development and enhancement of the Henry Schein Vendor Information Portal. Works with Internal departments to ensure accuracy and delivery of information. Reviews and sends out emails to Vendors/Suppliers and validate users.
* Participates in special projects and performs other duties as required.
* Travel typically less than 10%
* Office environment. No special physical demands required
Typically 2 to 4 years of related professional experience.
Bachelor's Degree or global equivalent in related discipline. Typically hold 1 or more industry certifications.
GENERAL SKILLS & COMPETENCIES:
* Professional skills with an understanding of industry practices and company policies and procedures.
* Developing proficiency with tools, systems, and procedures.
* Good planning/ organizational skills and techniques.
* Developing problem solving skills.
* Good writing and communication skills.
* Excellent conflict resolution skills.
* Good decision making skills.
* Excellent interpersonal skills.
* Exercise judgment within defined procedures and practices to determine appropriate action.
* Direction from manager/director is needed on some issues.
SPECIFIC KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS:
Advanced PC and project leadership skills. In depth knowledge of Microsoft Excel, Word and Office. Microsoft Access experience a plus. Strong communication skills, analytical skills, and the ability to prioritize and handle projects along with daily tasks. Must be able to work independently with little supervision. Must have excellent time management skills with the ability to prioritize assignments effectively.
Henry Schein, Inc. is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate against applicants or employees on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, national origin, ancestry, disability that can be reasonably accommodated without undue hardship, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, citizenship, marital or veteran status, or any other legally protected status.