Golf Regional Sales Manager
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/8/2016
END DATE 12/19/2016
Rain Bird Corporation
JOB DESCRIPTIONThe Golf Regional Manager is responsible for profitably growing product and service sales for use in golf industry applications. Working closely with an assigned team of District Golf Sales Managers, this role will assess the overall market, identify opportunities for sales and market growth, establish and build exceptional relationships with key influencers, develop business propositions, educate and successfully sell customized irrigation systems and pump stations to new and existing golf courses.
Specific duties as follows:
* Lead, manage and support the District Sales Managers in the region.
* Maintain contact and enhance relations with the major accounts and industry key contacts in the region.
* Responsible for the management of the business development, sales and services in the assigned territory, including the recruiting, selection, development, and training of District Sales Managers.
* Manage the sales and marketing plan implementation.
* Responsible for the development and execution of promotional programs that will effectively and efficiently increase sales in each District.
* Gather market intelligence and maintain high visibility on competitive activities.
* Prepare regular and special sales reports as assigned including Monthly Reports, Annual Sales Plans, etc. coordinated with District Sales Managers.
* Ensure that the region is operationally successful and manage to ensure that the sales growth targets and initiatives are met.
* Plan participation in and attend industry trade shows as required
* Confer with the Division Managers on changes and improvements in company policy.
* Manage the Demand Plan for the market.
* Other duties as assigned.
The Golf Regional Manager's sales team operates as "solution-based" sales representatives, capable of analyzing irrigation "system" designs, Rain Bird products, finance options and after-sales technical support packages to course owners, greens committees, consultants, architects, contractors, developers and superintendents.
* 5+ years successful sales experience with progressive sales management responsibilities
* Experience with independent distribution
* Proven track record in negotiating large business deals
* Sales, business development, regional management and supervision experience
* BA or BSdegree
* Excellent verbal and written communications skills
* Ability to achieve results individually and through team management
* Working knowledge of personal computers and commonly used business software (i.e. Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
* Willing to live in assigned territory while traveling extensively (+50%)
* MBA degree
* Previous experience in the Golf irrigation industry with a knowledge of Golf products and applications, distribution channels and customers, and the Rain Bird organization
_RAIN BIRD IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER._