Government Cost Accountant
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/16/2016
END DATE 10/14/2016
El Cajon, CA
The Cost Accountant is responsible for ensuring that the financial information for the company is accurate and properly stated.
RESPONSIBILITIES & QUALIFICATIONS:
Duties & Responsibilities
* Maintain the General Ledger
* Monitor and post all subsidiary ledgers
* Prepare Financial Statements
* Perform Month-end and Year-end close processes
* Support all audits
* Create all Multi-State Sales Tax Returns
* Create Multi-State property tax schedules
* Perform all Fixed Asset processes.
* Reconcile the bank accounts
* Audit physical inventory
* Create Cycle Count part listings
* Review and prepare cost of sales on shipments
* Analyze shop orders and jobs
* Prepare indirect rates for commercial and government environments
* ISO-Be aware of Company s QMS Policy; its relevance and importance in daily activities and strive to continually contribute to the achievement of the quality objectives.
* Audits web based time and attendance systems for compliancy to CA meal time laws; missed punches and general accuracy.
* Assists in processing semiweekly web based payrolls for multi-state entities.
* Interface with employees and managers on payroll related questions in a timely and professional manner.
* BA/BS Degree in Accounting
* 5 years of progressive experience in accounting, G/L and cost accounting, preferably in a manufacturing environment
* Experienced in a Window environment software, MS Word, Excel, Outlook, Access, Crystal, Fixed Asset software and computerized ERP system
* Strong knowledge of accounting/manufacturing software systems, Macola experience a plus
* Payroll processing experience using Paychex
* Knowledge if State and Federal law
* Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
* Familiarity with Federal Acquisition Regulations (FAR) and Cost Accounting Standards (CAS) and Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) required
* Strong attention to detail, excellent organizational and interpersonal skills
* CAS/FAR background
At TE, we believe in unleashing people s potential. We have Employee Resource Groups (Women In Networking, ALIGN LGBTQ, Young Professionals, etc.) to support and promote a diverse workplace and a culture of inclusion for the development of different perspectives, styles and ideas. By doing this, we are consistently recognized by Thomson Reuters as one of the Top 100 Innovators as well as deemed one of the world s most ethical companies by Ethisphere.