Graduate Opportunity Trainee Account Manager South West
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/9/2016
END DATE 10/24/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Description:
Calling Chemistry and Materials Science graduates. Do
you love your subject but don t want a career at the lab
bench? Have you considered a role in Technical Sales?
Below is an opportunity to move into a fast-paced and
rewarding commercial position.
We are looking to hire a graduate to become Account
Manager responsible for the sale of products from the
Environmental Health Division of PerkinElmer in Southern
England in a manner which positively reflects the
These products are of a fairly wide range and encompass
* Molecular Spectroscopy FTIR, UV/Vis and
* Elemental Spectroscopy Atomic Absorption, ICP-OES
* Chromatography GC, GCMS, HPLC and LCMS
The territory covers South West England and South Wales,
though the main customer base is in Cardiff and Bristol
so there is a strong preference for candidates in or
near to these cities.
Full, and ongoing, sales and technical training will be
PerkinElmer is a truly global organization with over
7500 employees in over 150 countries worldwide. We are
recognized as being a leader focused on improving human
and environmental health. Our solutions range from
enabling the discovery of more effective diagnostics and
therapies, to making sure that the food we eat, the
water we drink, and our environment are safe from
The role available is that of a Trainee Account Manager
for the full range of Environmental Health Analytical
Instruments. The responsibilities are outlined below but
essentially the role is to understand customer s needs,
requirements and business concerns and then
present/demonstrate why the relevant PerkinElmer product
will best suit their criteria.
We sell into a wide range of industries academic
teaching and research, environmental monitoring and
contract labs, pharmaceutical research and QC, food and
beverages, petrochemical etc. We have a technical
partnership with Renault F1.
The successful applicant will have a fantastic
opportunity to develop their sales career and
potentially move on within different sectors of the
business we value our staff as the key differentiators
to our business and always encourage them in their
professional development through mentoring, coaching,
Benefits of working for this successful company include
a company car, mobile phone and laptop, competitive
salary and bonus, comprehensive training programme,
generous holiday entitlement and childcare vouchers.
* Competes for all sales opportunities within the
* Builds and maintains relationships with customers
* Constantly attempts to secure business in new
* Gains knowledge of customer funding procedures
* Develops andmaintains the customer/prospect records
on the CRM - SalesForce.com
* Attend seminars, exhibitions and demonstrations to
* Maintains knowledge of products and prepares,
collects and maintains presentation aids.
* Maintains knowledge of competitors products
* Regular business forecasts
* Involvement with customer account receivables
An upper second or first class degree in Chemistry,
Materials Science or a related subject. Excellent
command of the English language, both written and oral.
No previous sales experience required.Full sales and
technical training will be given.
Some exposure to some of the following instrumentation
will be advantageous:
* FTIR and UV/Vis Spectrometers
* GC and HPLC
To succeed in this role you must be:
* A highly self-motivated, personable and
target-driven individual, seeking an opportunity to
progress through success.
* Willing to work hard, learn new skills and adapt
quickly to new situations.
* Able to absorb customer sales resistance and to work
using your own initiative.
* Be disciplined and methodical, approaching your work
in an ethical manner and with integrity.
* Numerate and competent with detail and analysis
* A Full UK Driving Licence holder.
* Prepared to travel across the territory on a regular
basis and on an adhoc basis throughout the UK and
* Eligible to work in the UK.
% of Travel Required : 60-70%