Graduate Research Fellow Stipend
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/11/2016
END DATE 10/13/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONJob Summary
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Develops research methods and performs research activities.
2. Documents research results and writes reports of results for presentation and/or publication in professional journals and other publications.
3. Assists in maintaining the functionality and operations of the Principal Investigator`s laboratory.
4. Animal handling, which may include animal husbandry
5. Collection and organized storage of tissue and blood specimens. Work on and contribute to collaborative research teams.
5. Follows all safety rules while on the job. Reports accidents promptly and corrects minor safety hazards. Communicates with peers and management regarding any hazards identified in the workplace.
6. Demonstrates the componets of the I CARE values.
7. Adheres to policies & procedures established by TMHRI.
8. Performs other duties as assigned by the Principal Investigator.
Bachelor`s degree required. Must be enrolled in a Master`s or Doctor of Philosophy (Ph.D.) degree program.
Experience requirement will vary depending upon the individual department`s field of research.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES AND REGISTRATIONS REQUIRED
SPECIAL KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED
1. Requires effective written & verbal communication skills.
2. Time management skills
3. Experience with database/spreadsheet.
4. Requires knowledge of good laboratory practice.
5. Familiarity with multiple research methodologies, techniques, and resources.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Houston Methodist is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Equal employment opportunity is a sound and just concept to which Houston Methodist is firmly bound. Houston Methodist will not engage in discrimination against or harassment of any person employed or seeking employment with Houston Methodist on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, status as a protected veteran or other characteristics protected by law.
VEVRAA Federal Contractor priority referral Protected Veterans requested.