Graduate Structural Engineer
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/17/2016
END DATE 10/17/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONIntelligent Infrastructure Systems (IIS), a wholly owned subsidiary of Pennoni Associates Inc. and founded to provide infrastructure owners with state-of-the-art engineering solutions that respond to structural performance questions that are beyond the reach of traditional engineering approaches is seeking a qualified Graduate Engineer to join our Philadelphia office.
The successful candidate will work with a team of experts to design and install structural health monitoring (SHM) systems, conduct structural load tests, evaluate structural performance and conduct bridge inspections to identify optimal actions that would address structure maintenance, refurbishment, and rehabilitation. The work will be performed on various small and large bridge projects across the United States and perhaps throughout the world.
Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
* Perform structural design, structural analysis, condition inspection, and rating analysis of various transportation structures such as highway and railway bridges, and overhead sign structures.
* Participate in bridge inspections.
* Develop finite element models for the analysis of existing or new structures to evaluate their performance.
* Provide expertise and support to other transportation design teams throughout Pennoni and IIS on an as needed basis.
* Prepare technical calculations, drawings, tables, charts, and assist in report preparation.
About Intelligent Infrastructure Systems
Intelligent Infrastructure Systems (IIS), a wholly owned subsidiary of Pennoni Associates Inc. focuses on structural health monitoring and transitions the most mature technologies (inclusive of sensing, simulation, materials, and information technologies) into practice to serve the needs of bridge owners. The key feature that distinguishes IIS from other technology providers, and the reason for our success, is that we are first and foremost bridge engineers with decades of experience in various technology domains through advanced studies and research.
We maintain a sound understanding of bridge design, inspection, management, and retrofitting processes, and work closely with FHWA and other bridge owners to improve these processes through research. This background is critical to providing a common perspective, language, and understanding with the engineering firms and agencies we serve - a requirement for effective collaboration.
Additional information on our staff expertise and project experience can be found at www.iisengineering.com
* Required education: Bachelor of Science Civil/Structural Engineering
* Minimum years of experience: 0 - 3 years. Co-Op or Intern experience preferred.
* License required: Engineer-In-Training preferred
* Computer skills required: Working knowledge of various software platforms is desired including finite element modeling (Strand7, STAAD, SAP2000, etc.), structural analysis software (BAR7, VIRTIS, BRASS, SPColumn), computational software (MATLAB, Mathcad, Python), computer aided design (Microstation, AutoCAD Civil3D) and MS Office inclusive of MS Project and MS Visio.
* May be required to work outdoors in various geographic regions throughout the United States and perhaps internationally, and in wide variety of weather conditions, and facilities.
* May be required to climb structures after receiving mandatory safety training to include but not limited to OSHA 10 Hour Road Construction, fall protection, confined space training, and aerial lift training.
* May also be required to lift and carry weights up to 50 lbs.