Grant Manager, Technical Writer
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/18/2016
END DATE 10/18/2016
Cherokee Nation Technology Solutions
San Antonio, TX
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY The United States Army Institute of Surgical Research (USAISR) is the national leader in developing cutting-edge medical technology used to treat military and civilian emergency patients with catastrophic injuries. If you thrive on being part of a team dedicated to results-driven laboratory and clinical trauma research, the USAISR is the premier facility for you to join. Its reputation for innovative combat casualty care medical solutions and products for injured soldiers is unsurpassed.
They are in need of a candidate with excellent skills in grants managing, technical writing, and editing.
• Edits, or assists with the writing of, manuscripts, protocols, proposals, abstracts, poster presentations, and other scientific documents as needed.
• Collaborate with research scientists to develop data presentation approaches for specific manuscripts.
• Establish and maintain complete project management file for each writing or editing assignment.
• Provide formal scientific review for Institutional Review Board (IRB) –associated protocols or proposals.
• Provide informal review of appropriate experimental design and statistical procedures associated with manuscripts, protocols, and proposals.
• Conducts weekly searches for funding opportunities, and reports such funding opportunities to the PI and postdoctoral research associates.
• Prepare for publication, written materials that explain and interpret complex scientific research.
• Research, write and apply for grants and grant opportunities.
• Preparation of grant proposals for the consideration of federal agencies.
• Be resourceful and inventive in obtaining needed material for proposals and other work.
• Work closely with management and program directors to prepare grant proposals, including budgets.
• Develop and maintain relationships with grantors and acts as a liaison in order to receive the most possible benefits from programs and grants.
• Coordinate and manage an up-to-date database of Requests for proposals/applications content, due dates, presentations and proposal delivery.
• Keep accurate record of grants applied for, received, and or denied in a weekly status report.
• Track proposals through the applicable grant system.
• Coordinate and submit grant progress and final reports.
• Is responsible for planning, writing, and editing manuscripts for publication in peer-reviewed journals, as well as abstracts, posters, book chapters, and scientific presentations, clinical and scientific protocols
• Reads and studies current literature on those subjects.
• Participates in producing scientific publications to be available in the open literature.
• PhD. in biology or related field and 4-8 years of grant and/or manuscript writing.
• Experience in researching and identifying funding sources.
• Knowledge of effective grant research and grant writing.
• Skill in designing, writing, and editing complex grant documents.
• Ability to handle multiple projects and priorities successfully
• Ability to demonstrate a successful track record of funded proposals and knowledge of governmental grant/contract regulations.
• Strong communication skills, research skills and interpersonal skills are essential.
• Expertise in medical/scientific writing and editing.
• Knowledge of publishing concepts, practices, standards and technologies for the media used.
Applicants selected will be subject to a U.S. Government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
Apply to Job # 10438 online at www.cherokee-cnts.com
Cherokee Nation Technology Solutions (CNTS) provides technical support services and project support personnel to its defense and civilian agency clients. CNTS specializes in locating hard to find candidates for rapid response requests throughout the country. It provides a tailored management approach for complex government programs and disciplines including information technology, science, engineering, construction, research & development, facilities management, program management, and mission support. Wholly owned by the Cherokee Nation, CNTS is part of the Cherokee Nation Businesses family of companies.
We are an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, gender identity and sexual orientation. If you’d like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant under the law, please visit the following two sites:
If you are an individual with a disability and require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process, or are limited in the ability or unable to access or use this online application process and need an alternative method for applying, you may e-mail CNB.Compliance@cn-bus.com for assistance. This email address is for accommodation requests only and cannot be used to inquire about the application process or status.
For Pay Transparency Non Discrimination provision, click here: www.dol.gov/ofccp/pdf/PayTransparencyNotice_JRFQA508c.pdf