Graphic Designer - Level 1
This job is no longer active. View similar jobs
The srNetwork Graphic Designer - Level 1 provides design solutions in support of Steelcase Americas sales teams. The graphic designer works within the Sales Resource Network team; which includes proposal managers, writers, sales and subject-matter-experts to create clear, concise, compelling communications consistent to the Steelcase brand. The candidate should demonstrate an understanding of the design process and an aptitude for problem solving, as well as an interest in exposure to a variety of areas in the company. The ideal candidate is outgoing, confident, and comfortable talking to colleagues of all kinds, from peers to director-level executives. A positive attitude, tireless work ethic, and curiosity for learning are all must-haves.
* Design and provide graphics, including brand-consistent typography, illustrations, charts, graphs and photographs that support communication and understanding.
* Fulfill requests for images and product information to support proposal managers and/or other designers.
* Create simple, compelling, on-brand graphics around proposal content.
* Expand knowledge of HTML developing targeted websites as well as conceptualizing new interactive offerings.
* Handle ad-hoc design requests as assigned by manager.
* Ability to rapidly explore design ideas.
* Ability to handle multiple projects.
* Self-motivated and self-aware personality.
* Ability to work well and communicate with a variety of people.
* Experience and/or coursework in marketing graphics-especially typography, charts and graphs.
* Thorough knowledge of tools required to create digital graphics (Adobe CC applications).
* Ability to read and understand both the direction as well as the business intent of a design brief.
* Ability to receive feedback and synthesize into final deliverable.
* Ability to work within the restraints of a brand identity
* Experience or exposure to working in a professional office environment.
* Interest in opportunities to increase business acumen.
* Bachelor of Fine Arts (BFA) in Graphic Design from an accredited 4-year university.