This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/16/2016
END DATE 11/20/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONJob Description:
Hey Graphic Designers! Do you love layout, creativity, books and publishing* If so, then check out this position we just got in! As a designer for our client, you will be responsible for designing books, interiors and covers, for both the school library market and the trade. Under the direction of the Art Directors, and working closely with the Editorial Directors, this position is responsible for researching each assignment including photo research and manipulation and sourcing of illustrators and photographers for book cover or interior. Handing off projects to Production Designers and PreMedia Specialists after initial design approvals and overseeing and reviewing rounds to ensure final vision is met is a key part of this job too. Keep reading below and submit your resume to learn even more!
Duties and Responsibilities:
* Designs texts, covers, jackets, and logos for all imprints.
* Collaborates with Art Director, Editorial, Sales, and Marketing, to ensure design vision for product is met.
* Coordinates file preparation with Production Design and PreMedia teams to ensure smooth digital production of each assignment as dictated in best practices guidelines.
* Assists in artist and photographer searches and selection for assigned books.
* Utilizes TWYNK scheduling tool to keep up-to-date records of project tasks.
* Oversees sign-off approvals when Art Directors are out.
Experience and Necessary Skills:
* Minimum 1 year of design experience in publishing field.
* Proven design acuity, and technical skills in a Mac environment, specifically in the Adobe family of products (e.g. InDesign, Photoshop, and Illustrator).
* Experience in creating continuous page layouts utilizing style sheets, master pages, image libraries, etc.
* Strong judge of photographic quality (for content, composition, age-appropriateness).
* Working knowledge of Microsoft Office, FileMaker Pro, Fetch, and other peripheral programs a plus.
* Extremely strong organizational skills; efficient time management; deadline oriented.
* Self-monitoring, self-motivating, and able to prioritize multiple assignments.
* Clear and effective verbal and written communication skills.
* Able to juggle and prioritize multiple projects at any given time.
* Able to work effectively under pressure.
* Education: BA Art/Design or equivalent
Digital People, an Atterro company, has over 25 years of dedicated experience for creative, interactive and marketing job placements in roles such as designer, developer, analyst, project manager, marketing specialist, user experience and copywriter. We understand that there is a bigger story behind every resume and that creative juices come from real live humans, so connect with us today and let us help you find a place to showcase your talent!
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Atterro supports affirmative action and equal employment opportunity. Atterro will provide equal employment in employment practices to all associates and applicants for employment. Employment decisions shall be made without regard to any protected characteristic such as, but not limited to, race, color, religion, gender, age, disability, national origin, ancestry, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, status in regard to public assistance, disabled veterans, recently separated veterans, Armed Forces service medal veterans and other protected veterans, genetic information and other legally protected classes. Furthermore, Atterro is an E-Verify employer. Information provided on this application will not be used for any discriminatory purposes. Atterro complies with all applicable federal, state and local non-discrimination laws and regulations. Atterro will provide reasonable accommodations in the application or interviewing process. If you need a reasonable accommodation in the application or interviewing process, please contact us.