Gray Market Abatement, Global Leader
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/2/2016
END DATE 12/2/2016
San Jose, CA
JOB DESCRIPTIONUnited States-California-San Jose
Primary Location: Full-time
Description: Xilinx is the world's leading provider of All Programmable FPGAs, SoCs and 3D ICs. These industry-leading devices are coupled with a next-generation design environment and IP to serve a broad range of customer needs, from programmable logic to programmable systems integration. Our All Programmable devices underpin today's most advanced electronics. Among the broad range of end markets we serve are:
* High Performance Computing
* Industrial / Scientific / Medical (ISM)
The Gray Market Abatement, Global Leader will steer and execute Xilinxs short & long-term gray market strategy.
He/she will leverage a broad understanding of CMs', EMS providers', Distributors', Brokers', ODMs' and OEMs' strategies & tactics for component diversion, maximizing purchasing leverage, maintaining alternative component sources, capitalizing on excess and exploiting price variation. Additionally, the successful candidate will understand these strategies & tactics in the context of various economic regions trade, patent, intellectual property, trademark and anti-competitive laws.
The Gray Market Abatement, Global Leaders insight, high degree of business acumen and honed communication skills come together in this high visibility role with significant potential impact on Xilinx's business results.
The Gray Market Abatement, Global Leader is a key member of Xilinxs new Gray Market Team whose charter is to curb and contain the gray markets negative impact to Xilinx customers and to the FPGA Industry as well as to Xilinx - across all segments, all geographic regions and all products.
The Gray Market Team reports into Business Operations which has a central role within Xilinx - proactively driving company growth and profitability.
* Work across all corporate functions to execute the short and long range strategy.
* Guide leadership across stakeholder organizations on necessary actions, participation, resources to execute strategy
* Think, plan, adjust and understand how the gray market activities fit into the big picture.
* Work on key strategic projects aimed at improving outcomes.
* Drive deeper understanding issues and propose solutions.
* Identify and tackle new issues. Create new ways of tackling existing issues.
* Present solid business cases and risk mitigation plans to support your recommendations.
* Roll-up sleeves and help handle and navigate around issues as they arise.
* Represent Xilinx at customers well as in strategic industry partnerships.
* Work with both internal and external stakeholders to understand needs, requirements, obstacles, limitations and priorities as new initiatives are kicked-off.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
* Bachelor's or Masters degree in Business Administration or Supply Chain Management , Finance, Accounting, Economics or a closely related discipline with strong academic credentials
* 10 years of business management, marketing and/or leadership experience
* 5 years CM, EMS, Broker and/or Distribution experience with deep understanding of gray market practices.
* Seasoned in customer interactions at all levels: Mid management to Senior executives
* Comfortable working on fluid, dynamic and ambiguous projects, where tasks become clearer as the project progresses.
* Creative thinker: Offer ideas and solutions on emerging challenges and opportunities. Develop compelling, insightful recommendations.
* Strategic thinker: Able to link smaller details to the broader strategic picturesuch as, business goals, brand, customer attributes, and risks.
* Critical thinker: Able to review results and determine whether they meet both the letter and spirit of the objective and to be able to identify what must be changed to improve the outcomes.
* Communicator: Articulate complex concepts in a clear, concise audience-appropriate manner. Build consensus among cross-functional teams and influence decision making within senior-level audiences.
* Team player: Work effectively with teams across different regions and functions. Build trust with and support from all levels of the organization
Schedule: Sep 1, 2016, 1:06:34 PM
Job Posting: Xilinx is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. Applicants and employees are treated throughout the employment process without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, citizenship, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, gender Identity or sexual orientation. The self-identification information requested is not gathered for employment decisions. It is used only for compliance with US Federal laws. Your responses are strictly voluntary, and any information provided will remain confidential. If you choose not to "self-identify", you will not be subject to any adverse treatment.
Unposting Date: false
Xilinx is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. Applicants and employees are treated throughout the employment process without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, citizenship, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status or sexual orientation. The information requested here is not gathered for employment decisions. It is used only for compliance with US Federal laws. Your responses are strictly voluntary, and any information provided will remain confidential. If you choose not to "self-identify", you will not be subject to any adverse treatment