Ground Systems Engineer
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/16/2016
END DATE 11/9/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONPosition Description
The JPSS Ground System supports several Earth sciences missions, and uses 4 separate ground stations in addition to TDRS. The primary missions are S-NPP and JPSS-1. The ground system receives science data from 5 sensors on each of these satellites and produces approximately 8 to 10 Tera-bytes of science products each day. The challenges of this ground system include supporting scheduling and data delivery for multiple missions, using extensive redundancy to provide high ground system availability, supporting JPSS-1 launch and activation concurrently with S-NPP operations, and meeting NIST security requirements.
This is a middle to senior ground system engineering position with an emphasis on ground system engineering and test services during the continued implementation of upgrades to the Command, Control & Communications (C3S) segment of the ground system for the NPP and GCOM missions as well as implementation of the JPSS-1 and future mission capabilities.
The candidate shall have a strong technical base in the following areas:
* Spacecraft technical information engineering
* Ground system development and operations engineering
At a minimum, the personnel shall have the following skills:
* Earth observing mission system engineering skills
* Knowledge of system engineering and integration tools
* Experience in system and schedule integration
* Experience in ground system development, installation and test
* Experience in ground stations, communications and radio frequency interface testing
* Task management
* Direct, relevant experience and familiarization with NASA/NOAA system architecture and organizational structures
* Strong ability to lead and interact with distributed team members and different corporate cultures
* Flight system engineering information management
* Flight software database and table management
SGT is an equal opportunity employer. EOE/m/f/disabled/veteran.