Grounds Maintenance Equipment Operator & Mechanic
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/6/2016
END DATE 11/8/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY SUMMARY: Assists in, grading, road maintenance, plumbing repairs, contractor relationships, stuck truck removal, snow plowing, mowing, equipment maintenance.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
* Operates heavy equipment, such as: motor grader, dozer, backhoe, loader, skid loader, tractor, packer, truck and trailer.
* Assists in grading and road maintenance for all farms.
* Assist in lagoon repairs.
* Assists in pulling stuck trucks (feed/live haul) during storms.
* Snow plowing during winter months.
* Mowing and weed eating during summer months.
* Plumbing repairs.
* Examines vehicles and discusses with Grounds Maintenance Manager the nature and extent of damage or malfunction.
* Repairs Diesel Engines and/or does Heavy Equipment Repairs.
* Service Equipment: oil changes, grease and/or lubricate.
* Fills out vehicle maintenance and repair logs.
* Removes and disassembles units such as engine, transmission, or differential and inspects parts for wear.
* Repairs or replaces parts such as pistons, rods, gears, valves, and bearings.
* Overhauls or replaces carburetors, blowers, generators, distributors, starters, and pumps.
* Rebuilds parts such as motors and transmissions. Rewires ignition system, lights and instrument panel.
* Realigns and adjusts brakes, checks front end for alignment problems, repairs or replaces shock absorbers.
* Replaces and adjusts headlights, and installs and repairs accessories such as radios, heaters, mirrors, and windshield wipers.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE: High school diploma or general education degree (GED) preferred; or one to three months experience or training; or combination of education and experience.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS: A Class A or Class B CDL driver s license is preferred but not required and an acceptable MVR.
Seaboard Foods is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action / Veteran / Disability Employer