Group Directior, Operations 8/17/2016
Moog Medical Devices Group
Salt Lake City, UT
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Do you:
Want to have a positive impact in enhancing healthcare and enriching lives
Have a desire to work in a dynamic, fast-paced company
Enjoy the challenge of working in a results driven environment
Then you should work at MOOG, INC.
We are the MEDICAL DEVICE division of MOOG, INC. - a global organization that operates in 23 countries. Our expertise lies in applying advanced technologies to the precision control of motion and fluids. Underlying this expertise is a set of values and beliefs that guides our actions: we pride ourselves on solving challenging problems that make a difference; we strive to be flexible to our customers' unique needs; we do what we say we'll do; and we believe close working relationships provide better results.
MOOG MEDICAL DEVICES GROUP (MMDG) designs, manufactures, and distributes industry-leading enteral feeding and infusion pumps. Through investment in research & development and relying on our vast expertise, we design and develop advanced systems that improve medication safety, optimize application performance and reduce medical expenses.
MOOG MEDICAL DEVICES GROUP (MMDG) is seeking a GROUP DIRECTOR, OPERATIONS. Located in or willingness to relocate to _SALT LAKE CITY, UTAH OR SAN JOSE, COSTA RICA_ would be an advantage.
The GROUP DIRECTOR, OPERATIONS, reporting directly to the Division General Manager, is responsible for managing the manufacturing of all of the Company's products, including the communication of management objectives to the materials and manufacturing teams. This position will contribute as a member of the senior management team, interfacing regularly with corporate officers and other Group Directors. This position oversees all operational activities of the materials and manufacturing teams through communication and strategic planning activities with respect to managers. The position will be held accountable to operations metrics including inventory turns, cost of goods reduction, product quality, manufacturing efficiencies and on-time deliveries and for creating a positive environment that supports employees in achieving corporate objectives and facilitating individual growth.
_WHAT TALENTS AND ABILITIES WILL YOU BRING WITH YOU _
* Bachelor's degree in a related field and 10 years' experience in medical devices in management. An MBA would be valued.
* Excellent written and verbal communication and presentation skills
* Demonstrated ability to work with customers to develop business proposals and plans meeting customer requirements.
* Working knowledge of Supply Chain Management including both domestic and foreign sourcing.
* Must be highly skilled in managing multiple priorities and meeting aggressive time lines
* Demonstrated positive communication and human relation skills are also necessary requirements for this position. Ability to demonstrate employee empowerment and development of functional work teams.
* Previous experience in the implementation of Lean Manufacturing and Demand Flow Technologies.
* Intimately familiar with various factory cost accounting and product costing methodologies.
* Must have experience in managing major subcontractors.
* Demonstrated negotiation skills and strong conflict management skills.
* Ability to manage multiple departments and employees ranging from direct labor to professionals.
* Experience working in a company with direct to user distribution responsibility would be valued.
_DO YOU ENJOY GREAT BENEFITS _
MOOG MEDICAL DEVICES GROUP offers a wide range of benefits, including, comprehensive medical and dental insurance at competitive rates, life insurance, short and long term disability insurances, 401(k) plan with a company match, retirement savings plan, generous paid time off policy for work life balance, and the opportunity to work in a collaborative team environment.
_HOW TO BE A PART OF THIS DYNAMIC TEAM _
If you are interested in joining a progressive company, and have what it takes to make a positive impact in the lives of the patients we serve and increasing stakeholder value, submit your information via the Moog on-line Career Center located at: WWW.MOOG.COM. Please refer to requisition number _162154_