Group Exercise Instructor
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/23/2016
END DATE 6/9/2017
Massachusetts General Hospital(MGH)
JOB DESCRIPTIONGENERAL SUMMARY/ OVERVIEW STATEMENT:
The Group Exercise Instructors teaches various classes such as Tabata and Circuit Training. The Group Fitness Instructor provides leadership while educating, monitoring, and encouraging class participants. Instructors assist members with equipment set up and help them with the class routines, creating a safe and fun group environment. The Group Fitness Instructor is team oriented, friendly, motivational, and outgoing. The Instructor is constantly checking each participant in the group to ensure safety and correct form and stays abreast of current fitness trends.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
* Plans and leads exercise/activity sessions such as cardiovascular, strength, flexibility, and/or specialty training.
* Motivates and encourages all class participants.
* Maintaining an appropriate class size for the particular class.
* Advises participants on program and class procedures and policies, as appropriate.
* Ensures that safety and injury prevention policies and procedures are adhered to by participants, reports accidents and prepares accident reports, as required.
* They work directly with the class participants and need to be professional, courteous and friendly.
* The instructors are responsible for straightening up the studio, and audio equipment after class.
* Performs miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned by the Program Director.
SKILLS/ ABILITIES/ COMPETENCIES REQUIRED:
* Knowledge of group fitness training and education methods and techniques in area of specialty.
* Knowledge of exercise principles.
* Ability to prepare class routines.
* Knowledge of the operation and maintenance of audio equipment.
* Strong interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to work effectively with a wide range of people.
* Ability to read, understand, follow, and enforce safety procedures.
* Work is performed in a face paced health club environment.
* Accredited certification from a nationally recognized organization such as NASM, AFAA, or ACE.
* Minimum one year experience in Group Fitness Classes.
* CPR and AED Certification.
Massachusetts General Hospital is an Equal Opportunity Employer. By embracing diverse skills, perspectives and ideas, we choose to lead. Applications from protected veterans and individuals with disabilities are strongly encouraged.