Group Rooms Coordinator
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/14/2016
END DATE 10/22/2016
Omni Hotels & Resorts
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY JOB DESCRIPTION:
Meticulously manage and oversee the Group Reservation process. Assist the Director of Revenue Management and Reservations Manager in daily duties including answering phones, filing and computer work.
* Maintain positive guest relations at all times.
* Able to perform job functions with attention to detail, speed and accuracy.
* Able to prioritize and organize work.
* Make / Change / Cancel reservations.
* Liaise with Sales Team and Convention Services in coordinating group bookings
* Handle mail / correspondence.
* Process confirmations as needed.
* Enter/maintain Group blocks in the PMS system.
* Input group blocks in Epitome within 24 hours of receipt following the LSOP on building group blocks.
* Maintenance of group blocks to release room types not required as rooms pickup.
* Upkeep and maintenance of complete detailed group files for every documentation regarding the group from the contract to the group resume.
* Verification of the VIP, ETA, billing, arrival and departure dates, room types based upon group resumes prior to the weekly revenue meeting.
* Ensure that group blocks, group lists, group billing and cutoff dates are maintained.
* Process Rooming Lists accurately and in a timely manner.
* Check rooming list for accuracy.
* Pre-block all group needs for suites or connecting rooms.
* Ensure all group billing, routing, master accounts, A/R accounts are set in compliance with Omni SOP s.
* Follow all Omni Credit Policies.
* Control suite inventory and specialty rooms according to suite request policy.
* Monitor group pickup and advise DORM if group should be re-forecasted.
* Report to the DORM any changes in group pickup that would affect selling strategies.
* Adhere to the selling strategies set by the DORM..
* Check Daily arrivals to ensure accurate reservations.
* Attend Pre-Convention Meetings, Resume Meetings, Group Pick up Meetings and Reservations Departmental meetings.
* Strong keyboard skills.
* Must be able to analyze situations and make decisions that meet and exceed the expectations of the hotel.
* Ability to learn and master multiple software systems.
* Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Excel.
* Must be organized with the ability to handle multiple tasks.
* Previous hotel experience in a Reservations, Front Office, Sales and Marketing or Accounting environment is preferred.
* Maintain a professional business appearance, attitude, and performance.
* Must be able to work a variety of shifts, including weekends and holidays.
* Move, bend, lift, carry, push, pull, and place objects weighing up to 40 pounds without assistance. Stand, walk or sit for an extended period or for an entire work shift. Requires repetitive motion, including utilizing telephone/computer for an extended period or for an entire shift.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristics protected by law. The following link provides more information regarding the Federal laws prohibiting discrimination in employment: