Group Sales Manager
To fully develop the other Group Market Segment both with the emphasis on Group production especially for short-term and higher rated, less price sensitive business within a specified geographic territory concentrating on the solicitation of new profitable business. To merchandise as skillfully as possible the guest rooms and function space to maximize revenue potential for the hotel and to ensure that the customer has the best possible meeting experience. To achieve monthly room night goals, develop and implement sales action plans, maintain positive interdepartmental communications and to complete special projects as assigned by the Director of Marketing and Director of Sales.
* Achieve monthly room night booking goals, handling group blocks from 11-40 rooms on peak nights.
* Follow Booking Guidelines.
* Participate in sales trip targeting specific areas and group within market.
* Solicit accounts within assigned market segment utilizing Delphi.
* Prospect and develop new accounts in line with the hotel's stated Mission Statement.
* Maintain aggressive weekly telephone, site inspection and personal call goals and outside sales.
* Use all prospect sources as identified in the Sales Action Plan.
* Follow up promptly on leads generated by the GSO, other Omni Hotels & Resorts, and other lead sources.
* Active involvement in industry associations and trade shows.
* Achieve budgeted room nights, rate and revenues.
* Participates in development of direct mail and all promotions related to the Corporate or SMERF market segment needs.
* Maintain positive attitude and welcome change.
* Ability to work in a fast paced environment
* Ability to communicate effectively to perspective and existing clients
* Minimal 1 year of sales experience in a management or coordinator role
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristics protected by law. The following link provides more information regarding the Federal laws prohibiting discrimination in employment: