Grow/Finish Department Team Leader - Farm #259
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/23/2016
END DATE 10/29/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONSUMMARY: Attends to swine and assists in supervising people in the grow/finish department under direction by the Farm Supervisor by performing the following duties personally or through subordinate employees.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
Following Proper Grow/Finish Department Procedures by:
* Adhering to procedures outlined in Seaboard training manual and procedures outlined by supervisors.
* Striving to maximize pig survivability.
* Striving to achieve performance goals.
* Completing all records accurately and timely.
* Responding in a timely fashion when notified of an alarm status.
* Following the suggested feed program by providing diet type and amount to the Site Manager to be delivered on specific days.
* Monitoring feed quality and notifying supervisors of any abrupt changes.
* Ensuring fresh water is available in sufficient quantities at all times.
* Adhere to all safety procedures and utilize equipment provided for employee protection.
Maintaining High Herd Health and Bio-Security through:
* Providing and monitoring proper animal comfort with ventilation and heating management and recording ventilation changes made.
* Timely medication and care of sick and injured pigs.
* Follow approved vaccination programs.
* Maintaining clean disinfectant foot baths in designated areas.
* Cleaning and disinfecting buildings according to schedule.
* Proper disposal of dead pigs daily.
* Following proper load-in, load-out procedures.
* Follow bio-security downtime chart and shower thoroughly before entering production units.
Maintain Proper Department and Farm Appearance by:
* Scraping manure and sweeping aisles as needed.
* Washing buildings and equipment as scheduled.
* Keeping all trash items picked up and disposed of.
* Assisting in cleaning and maintaining office and all farm areas.
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES: Supervises employees in the Grow/Finish department under the direction of the Farm Supervisor. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization s policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include training employees, planning, assigning, directing work and resolving problems.
QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the work environment, knowledge, skill, and/or ability required or preferred. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE: B.S. degree, Associate s degree, or equivalent degree from a two-year college or technical school preferred; or six months to one year related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Must be a Utility Level at Seaboard Foods, or be able to achieve a Utility Level within 90 days
Seaboard Foods is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action / Veteran / Disability Employer