Front Desk Agent
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/24/2016
END DATE 2/22/2017
Omni Hotels & Resorts
JOB DESCRIPTIONJOB DESCRIPTION:
Guest Service Agents are responsible for providing a five-star welcome and departure experience to each guest, as well as, serving as ambassadors throughout the guest s stay. Guest Service Agents make the first impression upon our guests by extending a warm welcome, providing information about the hotel and local area, and offering our full range of upscale hotel amenities and services to them. Guest Service Agents are also responsible for settling guest accounts upon check-out, resolving guest issues and completing special requests. They work closely with all hotel departments especially our Concierge, Bell-Door and Ideal Services teams.
* Process guest check-ins and check-outs according to Omni s Moments of Service and Standard Operating Procedures
* Empathetically listen to guest inquiries and provide appropriate responses
* Set up accurate accounts for each guest checking in according to their preferences (room type, payment, etc.)
* Block rooms in the computer and follow through on designated requirements
* Pre-register designated guests and prepare key packets
* Communicate pertinent guest information to designated departments/personnel (i.e., special requests, amenity delivery)
* Maintain confidentiality of all guests and hotel information
* Employ attention to detail in order to ensure security of guest room access.
* Understand and execute all Omni accounting standards ensuring accurate settlement of folios, routing of charges and adjustments
* Maintain guest history files on all guests
* Accommodate room changes expediently
* Document all guest requests, complaints or problems immediately and notify designated department/personnel for resolving the situation. Follow up to ensure completion and guest satisfaction
* Issue safe deposit boxes to guests and ensure security of key
* Monitor, send and distribute guest faxes
* Perform ISD operator responsibilities.
* Fill in as a Signature Lounge Concierge as needed.
* Generate, print and distribute daily and weekly reports
* Resolve discrepancies on the room status report with Housekeeping
* Maintain complete knowledge at all times of all hotel features/services, hours of operation, room types, numbers, layout, decor, appointments and locations, room rates, special packages and promotions.
* Answering in-coming and internal hotel calls, forwarding guests to the proper areas.
* Logging all guest and associate requests into the hotel computerized tracking system.
* Logging, tracking and completing guest wake-up calls.
* Perform any other duties assigned by the Front Office Management
* Be pleasant, smile and greet all guests, using surnames when obtained
* Be actively engaged with our guests and deliver memorable guest experiences
* Create unique, personalized WOW moments at every opportunity
* Previous customer/guest service experience required; hotel experience is strongly preferred
* Previous experience in high customer contact environment; with previous experience answering customer questions and handling customer concerns.
* Previous cash handling experience
* Must possess the ability to multi-task in a busy environment, follow through successfully on guest requests, ensure guest satisfaction, and work as a team player.
* Must be service and detail oriented; possessing a friendly approachable demeanor and strong problem-solving skills.
* Excellent communication and presentation skills
* Proven phone etiquette skills
* Prefer high school diploma or equivalent
* The ability to stand and / or walk for long periods of time and lift/push/pull up to 30 lbs.
* Be able to work a flexible schedule, including nights, weekends and holidays
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristics protected by law. The following link provides more information regarding the Federal laws prohibiting discrimination in employment: