GxD Engineering Project Manager
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/12/2016
END DATE 10/18/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY At HP, we believe in the power of ideas. Our vision is to create technology that makes life better for everyone, everywhere - every person, every organization, and community around the globe. GxD is a world class design organization within HP. Within all levels of the print ecosystem, we design iconic experiences for hardware, software, user interfaces, mobile apps and more. The fun doesn't stop there. This team also creates end-to-end customer experiences that encompass photo creations and connected home accessories to cloud services and 3D printed objects. Who are you? If you are a systems thinker, creative, wildly talented innovator - we need you. You will get the chance to work in every element of design, and to help us shape and impact HP's award winning, channel leading print devices. Description:
We are seeking an experienced project manager to join our Global Experience Design team to own and drive HP 3D and SMB print design programs. In this position, you will build trusting and influential relationships with designers, business and R&D teams. You will use your exceptional PM skills and experience to define and drive select HP projects multi-disciplinary design programs and projects. This position resides in the beautiful Portland, Oregon area. Responsibilities:
Manages experience design projects including scope, schedule, resources, deliverables and reviews, in partnership with designers and the development programs. Responsible for establishing detailed project scope and schedule with design management and stakeholders. Maintain project progress status and visibility via working meetings and reports. Actively manage risks, issues, and escalations in partnership with the designers and business.
* Liaison with key program partners, including R&D HW, SW, Firmware and Product Management
* Organize checkpoints for key milestones
* Manages testing/model budgetary needs
* Leverage organizational resources to improve capacity for project work.
* Create a detailed work plan which identifies and sequences the activities needed to successfully complete the project.
* Determine the resources required to complete the project
* Develop a schedule for project completion that effectively allocates the resources to the activities, and manages capacity
* Review the project schedule with management and all other staff that will be affected by the project activities; revise the schedule as required.
* Support the Product Owner/Design Lead (and stakeholder) in managing customer expectations for project deliverables, managing stakeholder communications, and helping to implement an effective system of project governance.* Define and manage a project management process and champion ongoing process improvement initiatives to implement best practices for Agile Project Management.
* Promote empowerment of the team, ensure that each team member is fully engaged in the project and driving towards a meaningful contribution, and encourage a sustainable pace with high-levels of quality for the team* Bachelor's or Master's degree in Business Management, Engineering, or equivalent
* PMP/PMI certification (preferred).
* 3 years of experience as a Project Manager managing large, complex projects in a high-tech development environment with multi-discipline teams. (minimum)
* Agile Scrum Master (preferred).* A proven track record of successfully implementing software or web development projects using Agile methodologies. Knowledge and Skills:* Using project planning tools and software packages to create, manage, and track project results.
* Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
* Demonstrated experience coordinating and directing matrixed teams and resources
* Ability to create and manage program schedules, budgets, and resource allocation plans
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills; mastery in English and local language.
* Ability to effectively communicate program plans, proposals, and results, and negotiate options at management levels.*
* GxD Engineering Project Manager
* Requisition ID:
* Other Locations:
* United States-California-San Diego