HARDWARE TECHNICAL WRITER 8/23/2016
Silicon Graphics International Inc.
Chippewa Falls, WI
JOB DESCRIPTIONMORE INFORMATION ABOUT THIS JOB:
SGI is a global leader in high performance solutions for compute, data analytics and data management that enable customers to accelerate time to discovery, innovation, and profitability.
SGI is looking for a Hardware Technical Writer to join its technical publications team. Candidates should have experience creating technical documentation for high-performance computer systems.
Primary areas of focus will be to create technical configuration and technical specification documentation to support new hardware development.
This position involves significant interaction with SGI hardware-design engineers as well as customer support, sales, and manufacturing.
Other skills to include:
* Knowledge of computer technology, terminology, and concepts
* Extensive knowledge of technical writing process, tools, and deliverables
* Experience with Adobe FrameMaker and Adobe Illustrator
* Excellent interpersonal, negotiating, writing, planning, and communication skills
* Ability to work effectively with cross-functional teams
* Experience in a fast-paced environment and adaptable to change
* Willingness to learn
This person will create, publish, and maintain hardware technical configuration guides and technical specification guides for our UV, ICE, and Rackable product lines. Work extensively with hardware design engineers and other technical staff to develop useful documentation for several functional groups across the company.
* Bachelor s/Master s degree or equivalent.
* Minimum of five to eight years of technical writing or related experience.
* Extensive knowledge of technical publications methods.
* Extensive knowledge of computer hardware.
* Highly motivated. Work well with others and individually.
* Interest in new technology and learning.
* Experience with Visio a plus.
* Located in Chippewa Falls, WI office preferred.
SGI is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and is committed to creating a diverse environment through our people. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability.