PHH is seeking an individual to join its HAT GSE team as a Loss Mitigation Underwriter. This individual will underwrite and evaluate loss mitigation applications/packages for all retention options including but not limited to HAMP, various modification options, repayment plans and forbearances.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
* Analyzes data such as income calculation and debt ratio and uses expertise to determine borrower risk
* Ensures correct documents and detailed notes are available in document repository/system of record
* Analyzes borrower documentation to determine borrower eligibility and compliance with investor guidelines
* Analyzes Credit Bureau Report
* Enters accurate figures into system of record, including but not limited to client s proprietary systems
* Maintains understanding of Investor guidelines for loss mitigation. Investor s include Fannie Mae, Freddie Mac, FHA and VA
* Acts as the advocate for the customer by answering phone calls and e-mails, interpreting problems, providing support, keeping track of issues and resolutions and using the system and support departments to resolve recurrent problems
* Receives inbound and makes outbound communications with customers & authorized 3rd parties while effectively managing pipeline of loans
* Coordinates internal tasks such as escrow, title search, trustee approval, and collection of fees to ensure the customer s request is processed with in timeframe set forth by management
EDUCATION / EXPERIENCE
To perform this job successfully, an individual must have the following education and/or experience:
* High school diploma or equivalent required
* Bachelor s degree preferred
* 1 year mortgage processing/underwriting or loss mitigation experience is required
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
* Must be self motivated and a strong decision maker
* Must possess excellent customer service, organizational, and communication skills
* Candidate must be flexible and able to excel in an ever-changing environment
TRAINING / LICENSING REQUIREMENTS
* Employees are required to successfully complete annual mandatory training requirements and department specific training, as defined by management.
* Behaves as a Leadership Role Model
* Builds Strong Working Relationships
* Drives and Delivers Exceptional Results
* Customer/External Focus
* Builds and Motivates a High Performing Team (people leaders only)
* Proficiency with Microsoft applications (Excel, Word, Outlook) is required
* Experience working with systems such as Fastrieve, I-desk, Back in the Black and Fidelity (MSP) preferred
* Working knowledge of HSSN, WPII, VALERI and Process Management preferred but not required
* List any physical actions required by the job -- Must be able to lift xx lbs; Ability to stand/sit for periods of time, etc.
* Any other requirements an ideal applicant needs to have that is not covered by the other subheadings
TRAVEL / WORK SCHEDULE
* Minimum amount of travel required
* General work schedule (shift for non-exempt roles; expectations for exempt roles)
* Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
PHH is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status