This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/20/2016
END DATE 12/19/2016
The Carlilse Group
JOB DESCRIPTIONOur client is a full-service, heavy civil contractor that is widely recognized within the Mid-Atlantic region. Specializing in site development and lime/cement stabilization, they serve clients in the military, government, commercial and residential markets. They are in great demand on projects that combine land, retaining walls and high-rise construction.
We are currently seeking an Estimator in MD.
* Generate detailed earthwork, utility, and E&S control take-offs based on an accurate reading of blueprints and related documents.
* Execute all quality take offs - both conceptual and hard bid.
* Develop scopes of work, schematic design, design development and thorough collaboration with pricing, subcontractors and code officials.
* Review bid package documentation, plans and proposal specifications to determine scope of work and required contents of estimate for RFPs, RFIs and subcontractor quotes.
* Read and scale engineering plans -- major part of the job and process.
* Knowledge of AGTEK, HCSS estimating/management software, Timberline and Microsoft Project a plus.
* CAD experience a plus, but not required
* Strong detail orientation and analytical skill.
* Effective written and verbal communication skills.
* Knowledge of Microsoft Office programs.
* Strong organizational skills and ability to multi-task a variety of projects/tasks simultaneously.
* Ability to work independently or as part of a team in order to meet project deadlines.