HIM ASSOCIATE II
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/3/2016
END DATE 10/10/2016
University of Kansas Hospital
Shawnee Mission, KS
JOB DESCRIPTIONJob Details
I am at least 18 years of age
I am authorized to work in the United States
I meet the job requirements as described
Work among the best. We are a top 25 employer in the metro area offering a wide array of career opportunities within our organization. We have a leading reputation for patient care, medical education, research, and community service. We value and respect the talented, committed, and diverse people who make up our hospital; they are our most important strength. The hospital offers very competitive wages and an outstanding benefit package.
We currently have an opening for a HIM Associate II
* Processes medical record information according to job specific essential functions and role.
* Demonstrates knowledge of medical terminology.
* Utilizes e-mail and may do basic Excel spreadsheet functions.
* Utilizes critical thinking in application of job specific functions and role.
* Achieves consistent quality performance and meets the quality standard as defined by the HIM Department.
* Achieves consistent productive performance and meets production standard for the specific job role.
* May perform quality assurance/performance improvement tracking and trending.
* Ability to serve as a super user. Handles questions from users within the job role and responds in a timely manner.
* Learns the HIM departmental systems in depth within the job role that support the electronic medical record (EMR) through a combination of formal and on-the-job training.
* Utilizes EMR Systems for Patient Identity and record correction process. Utilizes critical thinking to make the decision if a record correction needs to occur. Performs the merge, unmerge and contact move processes with detail and accuracy. Achieves keeping multiple systems in sync.
* Reviews new medical record number report daily for purpose of reviewing for potential duplicate medical record numbers.
* Responds timely to e-mail and telephone requests for review of patient identity and resolution to possible duplicate medical record numbers.
* Utilizes identity validation, appropriate critical thinking skills, and reviews clinical documentation to determine when the need for the merge, unmerge and contact move processes need to be done.
* May assist in the daily operational processes and responds timely to MyChart requests.
* High School Diploma or GED required
* Two years of health information management, health care and/or relevant office experience required; 3 years preferred
* Oral and Written English language skills required; Spanish preferred
* Basic knowledge of Excel preferred
The University of Kansas Medical Center is committed to providing an equal opportunity for all qualified individuals to be considered for employment, benefits and conditions of employment, and to participate in or benefit from education programs and activities, regardless of race, religion, color, ethnicity, sex, disability, national origin, ancestry, age, status as a veteran, sexual orientation, marital status, parental status, gender identity, gender expression, or genetic information. A university community that provides equal opportunity for all will make significant strides towards the elimination of discrimination.
It is the mission of the Equal Opportunity Office to create a community of equality and inclusiveness that provides full and fair opportunities for all persons and to foster an intellectually and culturally diverse environment of learning and leadership where all individuals are valued, respected, and unhindered in their pursuit of excellence in their work and education.