HIM Clerk (PRN/As-Needed) - Medical Center of Plano
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/2/2016
END DATE 11/16/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONJob Code: 25775-122995
Do you have a passion for health information management and helping others* Do you enjoy working in a fast-paced, patient-centered environment* Jump-start your career at Parallon and apply today to be a Health Information Management (HIM) Clerk!
We serve and enable those who care for and improve human life in their communities.
Parallon, a division of HCA, is an industry-leading provider of patient financial and revenue cycle services to acute care providers across the United States. We are dedicated to our values and passionate about finding future leaders for our fast-growing divisions in the Dallas/Fort Worth area. Although we are the largest healthcare provider in the world and experts and leaders in revenue cycle services, we maintain a people-first culture and sense of community.
The Health Information Management Clerk is responsible for retrieving and reconciling medical records and loose documentation from ancillary departments and nursing units. Other duties may include routine data entry of unbilled reason codes, timely scanning and indexing of late loose documentation, assisting with release of information (ROI) requests, answering phones, processing accounts assigned to the facility s Horizon Patient Folder (HPF) work queues and processing HIM mail. This position may work a day or night shift, and may work with limited supervision, depending upon the staffing needs of the facility HIM department.
Duties include, but are not limited to:
* Retrieves discharged medical records from various nursing units and ancillary departments through the hospital and reconciles them using MEDITECH compiled reports and/or automated reconciliation to ensure that all records are accounted for and ready by the deadline for daily pickup by the courier
* Batches, labels and routes loose reports, late charts and/or late documentation to HSC Document Imaging
* May perform routine data entry to assist in updating applicable unbilled reason codes (URCs) into appropriate systems (HPF, MEDITECH, Reconciliation Tool) if chart not received/reconciled within established timeframes.
* Assists customers with ROI requests, ensuring the validity and authorization of the request, routing to HealthPort, and processing urgent requests on a limited basis
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
* Adaptability maintaining effectiveness when experiencing major changes in work tasks or the work environment; able to adapt to change in environment, work structure/processes, or requirements positively and proficiently.
* Communications communicates clearly, proactively, and concisely with all key stakeholders; able to maintain effectiveness when dealing with difficult situations or people.
* Customer Focus ensuring that the customer perspective is a driving force behind decisions and activities; implementing services and practices that meet the customers and organization s needs.
* Initiating Action takes prompt action to accomplish objectives; responds quickly and independently, and takes action that goes beyond the job requirements in order to achieve objectives.
* Managing Work effectively managing one s time and resources to ensure that work is completed efficiently.
* Quality Orientation accomplishing tasks by considering all areas involved, no matter how small; showing concern for all aspects of the job; accurately checking processes and tasks; being watchful over a period of time.
* Work Standards setting high standards of performance for self; assuming responsibility and accountability for successfully completing assignments.
* Must demonstrate proficiency in computer skills and some knowledge of regulatory compliance.
* High school diploma or equivalency required
* 1 year experience in an office or hospital environment preferred. Previous experience in the handling of patient health information and/or medical records is strongly preferred.
At Parallon, every employee is a valued member of our organization. You can expect to receive competitive salary, ongoing professional development, comprehensive benefits package, performance bonuses and more!
Check us out or follow us on LinkedIn at https://www.linkedin.com/company/parallon-business-solutions
Last Edited: 09/01/2016