HIM Clerk PRN - Citrus
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/14/2016
END DATE 10/15/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Job Code: 25773-124478
Job Summary The Health Information Management Clerk is responsible for retrieving and reconciling medical records and loose documentation from ancillary departments and nursing units. Other duties may include routine data entry of unbilled reason codes (URCs), timely scanning and indexing of late loose documentation, assisting with release of information (ROI) requests, answering phones, processing accounts assigned to the facility s Horizon Patient Folder (HPF) work queues and processing HIM mail. This position may work a day or night shift, and may work with limited supervision, depending upon the staffing needs of the facility HIM department.
Supervisor Facility Health Information Management (HIM) Leader
Duties Include but are not limited to:
* Retrieves discharged medical records from various nursing units and ancillary departments through the hospital and reconciles them using MEDITECH compiled reports and/or automated reconciliation to ensure that all records are accounted for and ready by the deadline for daily pickup by the courier.
* Places reconciled records in the designated courier bins for the HSC courier to retrieve and deliver to HSC Document Imaging.
* Batches, labels and routes loose reports, late charts and/or late documentation to HSC Document Imaging.
* Scans and indexes loose reports/documents that are identified as critical to coding and prioritize them according to policy.
* May perform routine data entry to assist in updating applicable unbilled reason codes (URCs) into appropriate systems (HPF, MEDITECH, Reconciliation Tool) if chart not received/reconciled within established timeframes.
* Coordinates the retrieval and printing of medical records from storage, as well as the storage, archival and record retention of documents and/or other Alternate Media that cannot be scanned into HPF to include monitor strips (e.g. fetal monitor strips, EKGs, etc.).
* Assists customers with ROI requests, ensuring the validity and authorization of the request, routing toCIOX, and processing urgent requests on a limited basis
* May assist with the physician suspension process by printing, stuffing and sending out notice letters when directed, making reminder calls, or recording suspension data in MEDITECH.
* Processes facility specific HIM mail as applicable.
* May assist with physician questions related to HPF and the physician portal or other issues that may arise.
* Maintains or exceeds established productivity and quality standards.
* Practices and adheres to the Company s Code of Conduct philosophy and Mission and Value statement.
* Other duties as assigned.
Required Competencies, Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
* Adaptability maintaining effectiveness when experiencing major changes in work tasks or the work environment; able to adapt to change in environment, work structure/processes, or requirements positively and proficiently.
* Communications communicates clearly, proactively, and concisely with all key stakeholders; able to maintain effectiveness when dealing with difficult situations or people.
* Customer Focus ensuring that the customer perspective is a driving force behind decisions and activities;
implementing services and practices that meet the customers and organization s needs.
* Initiating Action takes prompt action to accomplish objectives; responds quickly and independently, and takes action that goes beyond the job requirements in order to achieve objectives.
* Managing Work effectively managing one s time and resources to ensure that work is completed efficiently.
* Quality Orientation accomplishing tasks by considering all areas involved, no matter how small; showing concern for all aspects of the job; accurately checking processes and tasks; being watchful over a period of time.
* Work Standards setting high standards of performance for self; assuming responsibility and accountability for successfully completing assignments.
* Must demonstrate proficiency in computer skills and some knowledge of regulatory compliance.
* High school diploma or equivalent required
* 1 year experience in an office or hospital environment preferred. Previous experience in the handling of patient health information and/or medical records is strongly preferred.
Last Edited: 09/13/2016