HIM Clerk (PRN) North Austin Medical Center
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/24/2016
END DATE 10/28/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONJob Code: 25497-123832
Parallon pioneered the modern-day concept of healthcare shared services more than 12 years ago, perfecting revenue cycle management best practices and customizable technologies for the industry s largest healthcare provider in 700+ facilities and 1000+ physician practices. Today, our team of more than 13,000 revenue cycle professionals applies unmatched expertise, scale and proven processes daily to improve financial performance and long-term sustainability at facilities nationwide.
JOB SUMMARY The Health Information Management Clerk is responsible for retrieving and reconciling medical records and loose documentation from ancillary departments and nursing units. Other duties may include routine data entry of unbilled reason codes, timely scanning and indexing of late loose documentation, assisting with release of information (ROI) requests, answering phones, processing accounts assigned to the facility s Horizon Patient Folder (HPF) work queues and processing HIM mail. This position may work a day or night shift, and may work with limited supervision, depending upon the staffing needs of the facility HIM department.
Schedule: Is evening/night hours Mon-Sun as needed.
DUTIES INCLUDE BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO:
* Retrieves discharged medical records from various nursing units and ancillary departments through the hospital and reconciles them using Meditech compiled reports and/or automated reconciliation to ensure that all records are accounted for and ready by the deadline for daily pickup by the courier.
* Places reconciled records in the designated courier bins for the HSC courier to retrieve and deliver to Document Imaging operations.
* Batches, labels and routes loose reports, late charts and/or late documentation to HSC Document Imaging.
* Scans and indexes loose reports/documents that are identified as critical to coding and prioritizes them according to policy.
* Coordinates the retrieval and printing of medical records from storage, as well as the storage, archival and record retention of documents and/or other Alternate Media that cannot be scanned into HPF to include monitor strips (e.g. fetal monitor strips, EKGs, etc.)
* Assists customers with ROI requests, ensuring the validity and authorization of the request, routing to Healthport, and processing urgent requests on a limited basis.
* May perform routine data entry to assist in updating applicable unbilled reason codes (URCs) into appropriate systems (HPF, Meditech, Reconciliation Tool) if chart not received/reconciled within established timeframes.
* May assist with the physician suspension process by printing, stuffing and sending out notice letters when directed, making reminder calls, or recording suspension data in Meditech.
* Processes facility specific HIM mail as applicable.
* May assist with physician questions related to HPF and the physician portal or other issues that may arise.
* Maintains or exceeds established productivity and quality standards.
* Practices and adheres to the Company s Code of Conduct philosophy and Mission and Value statement.
* Other duties as assigned.
High school diploma or equivalent required
1 year experience in an office or hospital environment preferred. Previous experience in the handling of patient health information and/or medical records is strongly preferred.
Parallon is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE), Minority/Female/Veteran/Disabled, offering a great work environment, challenging career opportunities, and competitive compensation.
LACK OF INFORMATION CAN DELAY THE APPLICATION PROCESS, AND THEREFORE APPLICANTS SHOULD BE THOROUGH IN COMPLETING THE ONLINE APPLICATION.
Last Edited: 08/23/2016