HIM Clerk at Summit - PRN 8/24/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Job Code: 25622-123846
Parallon believes that organizations that continuously learn and improve will thrive. That's why, after more than a decade, Parallon remains dedicated to helping hospitals and hospital systems operate knowledgeably, intelligently, effectively and efficiently in the rapidly evolving healthcare marketplace, today and in the future.
As one of the healthcare industry's leading providers of business and operational services, Parallon is uniquely equipped to provide a broad spectrum of customized services in the areas of revenue cycle, purchasing, supply chain, technology, workforce management and consulting.
Parallon's purpose is simple. We serve and enable those who care for and improve human life in their communities.
Job duties include but are not limited to:
* Retrieves discharged medical records from various nursing units and ancillary departments through the hospital and reconciles them using Meditech compiled reports and/or automated reconciliation to ensure that all records are accounted for and ready by the deadline for daily pickup by the courier.
* Places reconciled records in the designated courier bins for the HSC courier to retrieve and deliver to Document Imaging operations.
* Batches, labels and routes loose reports, late charts and/or late documentation to HSC Document Imaging.
* Scans and indexes loose reports/documents that are identified as critical to coding and prioritizes them according to policy.
* Coordinates the retrieval and printing of medical records from storage, as well as the storage, archival and record retention of documents and/or other Alternate Media that cannot be scanned into HPF to include monitor strips (e.g. fetal monitor strips, EKGs, etc.)
* Assists customers with ROI requests, ensuring the validity and authorization of the request, routing to Healthport, and processing urgent requests on a limited basis.
* May perform routine data entry to assist in updating applicable unbilled reason codes (URCs) into appropriate systems (HPF, Meditech, Reconciliation Tool) if chart not received/reconciled within established timeframes.
* May assist with the physician suspension process by printing, stuffing and sending out notice letters when directed, making reminder calls, or recording suspension data in Meditech.
* Processes facility specific HIM mail as applicable.
* May assist with physician questions related to HPF and the physician portal or other issues that may arise.
* Maintains or exceeds established productivity and quality standards.
* Practices and adheres to the Company s Code of Conduct philosophy and Mission and Value statement.
* Other duties as assigned.
* Adaptability maintaining effectiveness when experiencing major changes in work tasks or the work environment; able to adapt to change in environment, work structure/processes, or requirements positivelyand proficiently.
* Communications communicates clearly, proactively, and concisely with all key stakeholders; able to maintain effectiveness when dealing with difficult situations or people.
* Customer Focus ensuring that the customer perspective is a driving force behind decisions and activities; implementing services and practices that meet the customers and organization s needs.
* Initiating Action takes prompt action to accomplish objectives; responds quickly and independently, and takes action that goes beyond the job requirements in order to achieve objectives
* Managing Work effectively managing one s time and resources to ensure that work is completed efficiently.
* Quality Orientation accomplishing tasks by considering all areas involved, no matter how small; showing concern for all aspects of the job; accurately checking processes and tasks; being watchful over a period of time.
* Work Standards setting high standards of performance for self; assuming responsibility and accountability for successfully completing assignments.
* Must demonstrate proficiency in computer skills and some knowledge of regulatory compliance.
High school diploma or equivalent required
1 year experience in an office or hospital environment preferred. Previous experience in the handling of patient health information and/or medical records is strongly preferred.
Last Edited: 08/22/2016