HITS LIAISON III
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/27/2016
END DATE 12/10/2016
University of Kansas Hospital
Shawnee Mission, KS
JOB DESCRIPTIONJob Details
I am at least 18 years of age
I am authorized to work in the United States
I meet the job requirements as described
Work among the best. We are a top 25 employer in the metro area offering a wide array of career opportunities within our organization. We have a leading reputation for patient care, medical education, research, and community service. We value and respect the talented, committed, and diverse people who make up our hospital; they are our most important strength. The hospital offers very competitive wages and an outstanding benefit package.
We currently have an opening for HITS Liaison III
* Participates in 24/7 command center as assigned.
* Participates/Contributes/Presents in team, stakeholders, department and project meetings.
* Demonstrates collaborative productive relationships with Hospital enterprise, external partners and healthcare industry leaders in delivering IT solutions. This includes the ability to facilitate prioritization of requests across the enterprise.
* Shows flexibility, and is able to effectively deal with an evolving role and contributes to further develop the liaison program.
* Documentation of external customer requirements as well as internal IT applications specifications. This includes gathering documentation of workflow analysis.
* Demonstrates project management skills by leading projects through the project lifecycle.
* Ability to create project scope, project goals, product functionality and desired features for small to large initiatives.
* Responsible for gathering and documenting the level of effort and time required for solution delivery.
* Serves as point of contact for internal and external customers and provides a high level of customer service skills including responding in a timely manner, consistent follow-through, and keeping customer informed and up-to-date. Sought out by key stakeholders for knowledge, expertise and guidance.
* Adapts communication style to a variety of audiences.
* Facilitates meetings for audiences to meet objectives and documentation from all areas/levels of the organization and external partners. Drives decisions and solutions for optimal outcomes.
* Demonstrates interpersonal skills of effective communication verbally as well as non-verbal body language (including demonstration of emotional intelligence).
* Demonstrates proficient writing skills.
* Drives productive conversation with internal and external customers to mutual beneficial decisions.
* Handles competing priorities of time and resources
* Works collaboratively with stakeholders to identify solutions to customer needs. Works with HITS leadership to develop a strategic plan of IT work, including forecasting future IT healthcare needs. Strategically analyze the collective business project requests and provide an assessment of a strategic business IT roadmap
* Coaches and mentors others in ability to understand, articulate and identify how existing and proposed technologies influence the architectural infrastructure, data structure and software applications. This includes understanding the capabilities, planning, implementation, adoption, support and costs to the UKH enterprise of existing and proposed solutions in alignment with the strategic goals of the HITS department.
* Ability to proactively identify potential conflicts and duplicative requests. Works with others to ensure appropriate solution. Facilitates discussion between competing stakeholder priorities.
* Leads annual customer technology planning and monthly portfolio balancing process with HITS Leaders and key stakeholders.
* Follows and documents work intake through a standard process. This includes development of a proposed solution from the customer into an actionable work request. Including documentation and presentation of the actionable request to several audiences.
* Understands, facilitates and delivers a thorough handoff for the execution phase of a request, serving as a bridge between intake/discovery to build/development of IT solutions.
* Certification or proficiency as assigned in accordance with department policy or standard set by the accrediting body.
* High School diploma or equivalent required
* Bachelor's Degree required
* 6 years with a minimum of 5 in healthcare technology processes, and additional experience in Business/Customer Relationship management.
* Project management certification preferred
* Portfolio management experience preferred
* Agile/Scrum experience preferred
* Knowledge of full lifecycle application development preferred
*** If selected to move forward in the hiring process, you will receive an email invitation to schedule your interview for this position. Please continue to check your email after you have submitted your complete application online.
To check the status of your application, please login to the Careers page and select the Application History tab ***
The University of Kansas Medical Center is committed to providing an equal opportunity for all qualified individuals to be considered for employment, benefits and conditions of employment, and to participate in or benefit from education programs and activities, regardless of race, religion, color, ethnicity, sex, disability, national origin, ancestry, age, status as a veteran, sexual orientation, marital status, parental status, gender identity, gender expression, or genetic information. A university community that provides equal opportunity for all will make significant strides towards the elimination of discrimination.
It is the mission of the Equal Opportunity Office to create a community of equality and inclusiveness that provides full and fair opportunities for all persons and to foster an intellectually and culturally diverse environment of learning and leadership where all individuals are valued, respected, and unhindered in their pursuit of excellence in their work and education.