HPC Software Engineer
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/9/2016
END DATE 12/19/2016
Aberdeen Proving Ground, MD
JOB DESCRIPTIONAs an HPC Software Engineer with the Advanced Computing and Computational Sciences program at the ARL in Aberdeen Maryland you will be providing the ARL, Army, and DoD with state-of-the art advancements in traditional High Performance Computing (HPC) physics based calculation technology, as well as, emerging technology in heterogeneous computing. This includes management and operation of a DoD Supercomputing Resource Center (DSRC). The ARL DSRC emphasis is on providing a robust classified and unclassified computing environment, as well as, the capability to provide real-time processing and data storage solutions in direct support to the DOD Research, Development, Test and Evaluation (RDT and algorithm development/optimization for physics-based and network-centric applications.
Advanced Computing: ARL develops and optimizes computing methodologies for asymmetric core computing; focuses on battlefield-based applications; and advances high performance computing technology for modeling and simulation.
Scientific and HPC Environments and Visualization:
* ARL explores, develops and deploys common data formats, coupled software and remote interactive scalable visualization technologies; and provides production grade hardware and software environments for application scientists.
* Perform basic and applied research into algorithm design, analysis, and optimization in widely divergent application areas.
* Design software to run on traditional and emerging architectures such as multi/many core, Graphics Processing Units, Field Programmable Gate Arrays, ARM, RISC-based systems, neuromorphic, parallel processing, etc.
* Create new applications for the Army focused on new capabilities (creativity) and speed of processing.
* Debug and understand high level and machine-level code.
* Understand both procedural/functional and object-oriented software design.
* Write up findings and present research at appropriate conferences.
* Perform literature reviews to better understand the state-of-the-art.
Provide professional and scientific expertise in performance of work requiring knowledge and application of engineering, mathematics, statistical analysis, modeling/simulation, and/or other scientific principles, methods, and techniques.
Performs a broad range of engineering and computer scientist assignments entailing unique problems, creativity, innovative use of techniques, advanced approaches, and/or new technologies in the areas of high performance computing for the battlefield, new and emerging computer architectures, innovative 3D interactive visualization.
* Prefer experience with Sys. Admin, and/or Applic of Software Development
* B.S. Degree in Computer Science or higher; Exp. utilizing scientific inquiry in the independent development of mathematical models and computer programs to evaluate and predict the ability to support assigned projects, studies, or problems.
* Must have Experience with HPC Architecture.
* Familiar with one or more programming languages: C, C++, Python, Java, CUDA, OpenCL
* Familiarity with Linux
* System Adimistration capabilities
* Good written and verbal communication skills; Work independently with decision making responsibilities