HR Administrative Principal
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/8/2016
END DATE 12/19/2016
Chicago Metropolitan Agency for Planning
JOB DESCRIPTIONCMAP FINANCE AND ADMINISTRATION
ADMINISTRATIVE PRINCIPAL (ADPR2016)
POSTED ON SEPTEMBER 2, 2016
JOB CATEGORY: Principal
EXPERIENCE REQUIRED: 8 to 10years
SALARY RANGE: $86,200 to $106,850
The Chicago Metropolitan Agency for Planning (CMAP) is seeking to hire an Administrative Principal to manage its Human Resources and Administrative support group. CMAP is our region's official comprehensive planning organization. The agency and its partners are developing ON TO 2050, a new comprehensive regional plan to help the seven counties and 284 communities of northeastern Illinois implement strategies that address transportation, housing, economic development, open space, the environment, and other quality-of-life issues.
CMAP seeks to hire an Administrative Principal to lead and manage the Human Resources and Administrative staff and facilitate the daily operations of Administration. As a member of the senior management team, this person will report directly to the Deputy Executive Director of Finance and Administration, work closely with executive and senior management in the administration of the agency's human resources and administrative matters, and lead implementation of CMAP's Human Resources and Administration-related strategic goals. This position's core responsibilities will be to manage all aspects of Human Resources, including on and off boarding activities, benefits program, compensation structure and procedures, employee relations, mentoring program, and both internal and external employees training opportunities, and diversity and inclusion efforts. This position will also be responsible for managing the administration of payroll, physical facilities, and administrative support services. Currently, six employees report to the incumbent. CMAP is governed by a Board, which oversees certain aspects of CMAP's policies, procedures, and day-to-day financial operations, and this position would be required to present matters to the Board and seek approval as required by CMAP's by-laws.
* Manage the daily operations of the Human Resources and the Administrative support group.
* Lead the development and implementation agency personnel policies, seek approval from Senior and Executive management and the CMAP Board when required, and effectively communicate all changes or new policies and procedures to staff. This includes annual review and update of the Personnel Handbook.
* Manage the functions of all on-boarding activities, including recruiting, interviewing, placement, and orientation of new employees. Learn and manage CMAP's Applicant Tracking System.
* Evaluate and implement the salary and performance management program in compliance with organizational goals and objectives. This includes conducting salary analysis and providing recommendations on salary structure adjustments, ranges, merit guidelines, and grade placement for new and existing positions.
* Work with insurance brokers, benefits consultants, or other third party providers to develop and implement cost effective benefits programs for the agency and its staff. This includes property, personal and liability insurance, health, dental, vision and life/disability insurance, retirement accounts, and employee assistance programs.
* Counsel and advise management and employees on matters affecting employee relations.
* Lead CMAP's diversity and inclusion efforts and work with all departments to implement specific diversity and inclusion initiatives.
* Manage the payroll process in compliance with all state and federal laws and regulations.
* Manage the issuance of year-end W-2 forms and the reporting to the Social Security Administration.
* Serve as facility and safety liaison, ensuring that the agency's office is properly maintained and safe for staff and guest use.
* Provide oversight of the printing department working collaboratively with CMAP's communications department and other departments to provide quality documents.
* Serve as primary contact between the agency's retirement plans providers.
* Ensure that the agency is compliant with ERISA, DOL, IRS, ACA, and other regulatory agencies.
* Maintain staff records in accordance with legal requirements.
* Prepare reports and presentations as required in a timely and accurate manner.
* Develop, coordinate, and manage the internal/ external training program that supports the professional development skills of all CMAP staff to maximize their performance within the agency.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
Must have knowledge in all aspects of human resources state and federal laws and regulations, including FMLA. Experience in benefits administration and talent acquisition is critical. Excellent verbal and written communication skills as well as strong analytical and organizational skills are required. Must have demonstrated leadership skills and the ability to develop employees. Excellent technical skills with human resources software/systems and Microsoft Office are required.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
Applicants must have a Bachelor's degree in Human Resources or a related field, with eight to ten years of experience in human resources with increasing responsibilities for directing, managing, leading, planning, and implementing those activities. Master's degree or PHR certification is a plus.
HOW TO APPLY
POSTING END DATE
This posting will close on October 2, 2016. All applications must be completed and submitted prior to 5:00 p.m. CDT.
_THE CHICAGO METROPOLITAN AGENCY FOR PLANNING IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER__._