HR Administrator 8/21/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Role Purpose
The HR Administrator performs a generalist role responsible for day-to-day human resource activities including recruiting, on boarding new associates, maintaining departmental records, producing routine correspondence and reports, adhering to lawful employment practices, and promoting positive employee relations. Key Responsibilities
* Provides technical and administrative support to all functions within the Human Resources Department; may have a primary focus on one or more areas.
* Creates quantitative reports, for internal and external review, on workforce employment data and other HR metrics; compiles statistics both manually and via the Company s Human Resources Information System (HRIS).
* Assists with the internal and recruitment process including new hire processing and on boarding; schedules applicants for interviews; prepares all new hire files and on boarding forms; ensures consistency and compliance throughout the entire process.
* Serves as primary file liaison; ensures integrity of all personnel files for active and terminated employed; makes recommendations to improve file protocol and upkeep; files documents in appropriate locations.
* Researches and investigates non-EEO claims from employees; prepares memoranda for review by appropriate manager, with recommendations for resolution; prepares correspondence to claimant on findings and resolution.
* Assists with administering the Company s Performance Management System and other HRD programs.
* Assists other HRD personnel in meeting with employees/other persons for a variety of purposes.
* Assists with coordination of wellness initiatives; schedules employees for training or information sessions; attends on-site training sessions as facilitator.
* Effectively addresses inquiries from employees regarding HR policies, procedures, and benefits with a positive customer focus.
* Advises staff and management on HRD policies and procedures.
* Interprets policy and procedure documents; uses sound judgment to resolve issues not specifically addressed.
* Ensures compliance with all applicable employment laws and regulations.
* Performs related duties and responsibilities as required.
Qualifications / Experience / Skills
EDUCATION, TRAINING AND EXPERIENCE GUIDELINES:
* Bachelor\'s degree from an accredited university in Human Resources, Business Administration or a related field; AND three (3) or more years of human resources generalist experience.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE OF:
* Federal and state legislation governing human resources activities.
* Statistical techniques and application.
* Trends in Human Resources Management.
* Modern office practices, procedures and equipment, including business correspondence, record-keeping systems and office equipment.
* Principles and practices of organization, administration and personnel management.
REQUIRED SKILL IN:
* Presenting and delivering information effectively.
* Exercising diplomacy, tact, and good judgment consistently; maintaining confidentiality.
* Making independent judgments and decisions.
* Establishing and maintaining effective working relationships with vendors, employees, departments, outside agencies, other human resources professionals, and the general public.
* Researching, collecting, analyzing, and preparing data and generating reports.
* Providing excellent customer service.
* Interacting with people of different social, economic, and ethnic backgrounds.
* Operating a personal computer and related technical and specialized software programs.
* Effective verbal and written communication.
LICENSE AND CERTIFICATION REQUIREMENTS:
Certification as a Professional in Human Resources (PHR) is preferred.
GKN is an equal opportunity employer (minorities/women/veterans/disabled)