This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/14/2016
END DATE 10/11/2016
Optical Cable Corporation
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY HR ANALYST - ROANOKE, VA
Optical Cable Corporation offers excellent opportunities for development and growth. Become a member of this successful team and enjoy an exciting, diverse work environment and excellent employee benefits.
Supports HRIS processes, captures and helps deliver functional business requirements and day-to-day HRIS application support. Works closely with HR staff and management to capture requirements for business reports and analysis. Serves as liaison between HR and internal and external customers, with a focus on the continuous improvement of HR systems and processes to ensure efficient and effective business operations. Assists managers and supervisors in applying appropriate policies/ procedures in various situations. Assists in the day-to-day administrative duties required for employee recordkeeping and general HR processes.
* Performs specific job responsibilities:
* Analyzes HR data and facilitate reporting from HR systems to support HR business operations
* Defines and implements HR processes and procedures for the collection of required applicant and employee record data in accordance with applicable regulations
* Participates on teams to identify business needs and write requirements for system improvements, enhancements and upgrades
* Coordinates, tests and applies data updates/integrations in the HRIS system
* Provides advice, training and first line support for users
* Coordinates the collection and input of data in to HRIS, and audit data files to ensure integrity and accuracy
* Writes queries on an ad hoc basis as needed, capturing requirements as needed
* Coordinates set up and release of Performance Appraisals on HRIS
* Sets up and monitors policy acknowledgements processed through HRIS
* Processes new hire, status change, and termination paperwork in hard copy form as well as though HRIS
HR Metrics Analyst
* Responds to employees and management regarding policies, projects, procedures and programs
* In coordination with HR staff, prepares materials and communications for employees and management regarding projects, policies, procedures and programs
* Internally tracks and maintains responses and inquiries in regards to projects, policies, procedures and programs
* Using analytical skills, compiles information and data in a manner in which to influence strategic changes for systems, policies & procedures.
* Detects and/or responds to processes and procedures that need resolutions. Provides viable solutions that ensure improved, efficient and compliant processes and procedures.
* Works collaboratively with various departments to complete projects
* Collects and prepares confidential AAP data for vendor compilation
* Collects and prepares data for compensation surveys
General Administrative Support
* Serves as back-up support of HR Generalist
* Completes verifications of employment requests both written and by phone
* Maintains HR records and compiles reports from databases as needed
* Assists with special projects such as United Way campaigns, holiday luncheons, and other employee functions
* Creates and posts job openings both internally and externally for all positions and locations
* Participates as company representative at Job Fairs
* Processes all COBRA documentation and tracks COBRA enrollment and payments
* Works with carriers to ensure accurate billing and enrollment at open enrollment and throughout the year
* Provides Finance with accurate and timely carrier invoice reconciliations
* Creates and manages annual bonus and merit calculations
* Follows Quality Policy and operating procedures to insure the quality and consistency of the function being performed
* Promotes OCC s service excellence and quality. Provides excellent service to customers; builds strong relationships and team cohesiveness; focuses on quality and positive solutions; communicates respectfully; demonstrates compassion and understanding in response to customer request/needs.
* Champions OCC s mission, vision and values (as detailed in our 15 Essential Points of Success); complies with policies and procedures, ethical standards and Code of Conduct.
* Significant written and verbal communication is necessary to complete all assigned duties
* High level of confidentiality required for general ethics as well as compliance with laws and regulations
* High level of accountability relating to employment, SOX and ISO regulations and procedures
* Requires occasional overnight travel to out-of-state facilities
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS REQUIRED:
EDUCATION: Associate degree in business administration or related field. Bachelor degree desirable. EXPERIENCE: One year human resources experience with knowledge of HRIS and employment regulations desirable. ADP Workforce Now experience desirable.
LICENSURE, CERTIFICATION AND/OR REGISTRATION: None
OTHER MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS: None
ESSENTIAL SKILLS, ABILITIES & KNOWLEDGE: Uses understanding of business and financial principles and practices to craft collaborative HR solutions. Excellent computer skills required with strong knowledge and experience using software packages such as ADP HRIS, Microsoft Word and Excel. Ability to plan, layout, and execute complex work programs, functions, and operations. Ability to understand and implement quality procedures. Math and handwriting skills required with the ability to correctly complete all documentation. Excellent oral and written communication skills required with the demonstrated ability to express oneself clearly and concisely. Demonstrated ability to maintain effective relationships with others. Ability to work in a team environment with responsibility for training others. Pays close attention to detail with the ability to complete assignments accurately, and to recognize, record, and resolve problems. Able to organize, complete tasks and manage time with sense of urgency.
WORKING CONDITIONS: This is a sedentary job which requires vision sufficient for computer use and reading, and requires an individual with hearing for interviewing employees and for significant telephone contact with current and perspective employees. Significant keyboarding. The analytical and personal communications nature of this work also requires an individual who possesses significant interactive communications skills. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with a disability to perform the essential functions.
Note: This job description is only meant to be a representative summary of the major responsibilities and accountabilities performed by incumbents of this job. The incumbents may be requested to perform job-related tasks other than those stated in this description.
OCC offers a positive work environment driven around 15 Essential Points of Success, which is how OCC aspires to operate and is an integral part of our corporate philosophy and culture. OCC offers a competitive benefits package to promote health and financial security for you and your family that includes company-sponsored health, dental and vision plans, Health Savings Accounts (HSA s), Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA s), life insurance, short and long term disability coverage, optional supplemental insurance plans; including, critical illness and accident, a 401(k) plan, an Employee Assistance Program (EAP), education assistance, and wireless discounts. Employees are also provided with security options including Healthy Rewards , Secure Travel , Will Preparation and Identity Theft protection as well as generous paid time off and holiday schedules.
To apply: https://workforcenow.adp.com/jobs/apply/posting.html?client=opcabcorp&jobId
Optical Cable Corporation is an EEO/AA/Veterans/Disability Employer. For additional information, please