HR BUSINESS PARTNER III
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/9/2016
END DATE 10/20/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY OVERVIEW:
The Industrial & Commercial Transportation (ICT) business unit of TE Connectivity has an opportunity for a Manager, Human Resources based out of Tullahoma, TN, with responsibilities for multiple operations facilities, including Tullahoma, Kettering, Ohio and Santa Teresa, NM. This position will report to the functional HR Business Partner/Manager who provides oversight for the Operations and Quality functions within the ICT Business Unit.
The Human Resources Manager is a key position which is responsible for delivering a broad range of human resources activities in support of the assigned client group in the areas of Talent Acquisition, Performance Management, Compensation, Training & Development, Inclusion & Diversity, and Employee Relations. This position has one direct report, located in Kettering, OH. The opportunity is excellent for a human resources professional skilled in the Talent Acquisition sub function (or other HR functional areas) and looking to broaden their HR skillset in a manufacturing environment. This opportunity can build the skills which are necessary for more senior HR roles. Additionally, this individual will provide HR guidance and counsel to Operations leaders and managers at the site.
RESPONSIBILITIES & QUALIFICATIONS:
* Assist Operations leaders in determining needs of the organization and develop strategic workforce plan (SWFP), which enables the operations to succeed in the goals to recruit, develop, and retain, top talent. Drive execution of the site SWFP in the operations organization in alignment with the business strategy
* Coordinate recruitment and selection activities for client group as assigned; coordinate employee on-boarding and process.
* Proactively monitor the work environment to identify and address trends and areas of improvement to increase employee engagement.
* Take personal responsibility for executing organizational development and learning activities including staffing, compensation, development, and engagement.
* Ability to stand firm and provide accurate and effective coaching for leaders based on business acumen and talent management knowledge.
* Clarify and drive the execution of HR processes, such as goal-setting, mid and end year performance reviews, succession planning, compensation and others for Operations
* Interact with Center of Excellence, Shared Services and corporate HR in order to define strategies and work together to execute talent management initiatives.
* Assess and provide performance feedback; advise the site leader and peers on people management matters, strengthening the pipeline of the talent at the site
* Ensure effective communication to employees of Company-related information
* Review and implement Corporate HR policies and procedures as necessary
* Communicate and design action plans around the employee engagement survey results
* Identify training needs and utilize corporate L&D team to design and deliver appropriate training courses
* Contribute to the annual identification of top talent and succession planning processes.
* Coaching, counseling, and influencing of business leaders in the areas of employee relations, performance management, discipline, career development, etc.; ensure consistent treatment of employees
* Ability to lead, coach and develop direct reports in a virtual setting
* BS degree. MSHRM preferred
* 5+ years of relevant development within HR function
* Knowledge in the core HR process of global organizations
* Fluent in English
* Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
* Ability to Multi-task
* Culturally sensitive
* Experience with automotive industry and manufacturing are highly recommended.
* Must have analytical skills and creative problem solving ability
* Customer Service mindset
* Demonstrated managerial courage; Self-confident and able to act as role model of company values
* Strong written, oral communication, presentation, and interpersonal skills
* Ability to properly balance employee advocacy and business requirements
* Solid ability in Microsoft products required; Prior experience with SAP preferred
* Ability to function well as a leader and follower (depending on the project)
* Willingness to travel up to 20%
* Drive For Results: Can be counted on to exceed goals successfully; is constantly and consistently one of the top performers; very bottom line oriented; steadfastly pushes self and others for results
* Organizational Agility : Knowledgeable about how organizations work; knows how to get things done both through formal channels and the informal network; understands the origin and reasoning behind key policies, practices, and procedures; understands the cultures of organizations.
* Willingness to relocate to a larger location to continue to grow human resources career