HR BUSINESS PARTNER 9/3/2016
Menlo Park, CA
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY OVERVIEW:
The Aerospace Defense and Marine (AD&M) business of TE Connectivity are leaders in the development and engineering of a comprehensive portfolio of contactors, relays, sensors, fiber optics, wires, cables, antennas, circuit protectors and moldings for harsh environments. We have a global customer base with over 6000 employees to deliver a broad range of solutions.
We are seeking a talented, innovative, customer focused HR Business Partner with a passion for providing first class HR support to our talented and highly engaged employees. As part of the AD&M HR team, you will be joining a group of professionals who are passionate about ensuring the future growth of the business while maintaining integrity, taking accountability, working together and continually improving to ensure constant innovation and openness to change.
Reporting to the Sr. HR Manager, The HR Business Partner is responsible for independently working with Managers to execute the planning and delivery of various HR programs and services as well as provide skillful coaching and consultative HR support to management teams and employees.
RESPONSIBILITIES & QUALIFICATIONS:
Key Tasks and Responsibilities:
* Proactively drive effective HR solutions for assigned client group comprised of Engineers, Product Managers and Manufacturing professionals.
* Build leader capability, improving workforce capability and positive employee relations practices.
* Provide coaching and consulting to managers and employees in the areas of performance management, compensation, employee retention, talent planning, leader development, employee development, positive employee relations practices, policy interpretation and implementation, and conflict resolution.
* Proactively identify issues before they affect productivity and turnover. Develop subject matter expertise in assigned business area.
* Understand business cycles and staffing needs of the organization to develop human capital strategies to build the capability of the workforce to meet business goals.
* Manage recruiting and staffing initiatives, counsel managers in final selections and compensation, consult with leaders for talent planning and career development.
* Disseminate and facilitate HR and Organizational Development training resources to local Managers to assist them in developing their people management skills.
* Work with the HR Center of Excellence (COE s) shared services teams on compensation and benefits management, on payroll and salary administration.
Experience and Skills:
* Previous experience within a HR Generalist capacity; Offering a broad range of expertise within HR spanning Employee Relations, Talent Acquisition, Coaching and Development.
* Experience partnering with business leaders in a matrixed environment requiring influencing skills.
* Prior experience in a manufacturing environment preferred.
* Must have a high level of interpersonal skills, strong organizational and analytical skills; Process orientated and sense of urgency.
* Ability to provide innovative solutions and adapt in a rapidly changing environment.
* Ability to act as a credible coach and facilitator and a credible role model for effective leadership and performance.
* Knowledge of California Labor Law and practices preferred.
* Bachelor's Degree in Human Resources or related field.
* US Citizen and/or Green Card holder required due to ITAR regulations.
AT TE, we believe in unleashing people s potential. We have Employee Resource Groups (Women In Networking, ALIGN LGBTQ, Young Professionals, etc.) to support and promote a diverse workplace and a culture of inclusion for the development of different perspectives, styles and ideas. By doing this, we are consistently recognized by Thomson Reuters as one of the Top 100 Innovators as well as deemed one of the world s most ethical companies by Ethisphere.